JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You get bonus points as a parent in my book.:cool:

The only reason my kid went to public highschool was for the social interactions (there were less homeschool groups then now) and to get those college credits to give her a head start.

All the grade school BS we skipped.

The social concern is really a non-issue now, there are so many ways to get that regular connection with other students. As to credits for college, more and more colleges and universities are recognizing the value home-schooled students can bring and have opened their doors to students that come through non-traditional schooling. In fact, some universities are now taking to actively recruiting home-schooled students. By the time our daughter reaches that age, she should have some very good options open to her.

Back when I went to college, one speech class was required.. where you swaggered on up and gave a speech.
Of course I gave a nice pro-gun presentation. It was quite well received by the student body and surprisingly I wasn't hammered grade-wise by the professor at all.

Old guys like me, we grew up with westerns all over TV (well, the 3-4 channels we had) where it was demonstrated constantly that firearms deployed in the hands of the good guys was the only way to defend yourself from the bad guys.

Now days they media wants a new crop of people growing up who believe guns are evil who's only purpose is to kill innocent lives and lots of them.

When a young person demonstrates that this new indoctrination isn't taking hold then there must be something wrong with him and therefore separate him from the rest through suspension and then find out what's wrong with his brain via psych exam.
You can still catch the Lone Ranger and the Cisco Kid on some channels.

Solution to problem...home or private schooling. Anything else is State directed brainwashing.

Bingo.

It should not surprise anybody that these things happen in government schools. That is their job. That is what they were designed to do. What surprises me is that parents continue to send their kids to them. Anything, even the ruination of their children, as long as personal responsibility may be avoided.

The funny/sad thing is that homeschooling is even easier than using government schools:
Homeschooling Is Easy! | Strike-The-Root: A Journal Of Liberty

I would ask the school what qualifications the school has to order an exam and by that authority also what the consequences would be if it did not take place.

If that were my child, the only thing that school would have to concern themselves with is the lawsuit they would face from my attorney. No one intimidates any member of my family and gets away with it. Period

I wish I had taken my boys out of Public Schools when they were young, and done the home school thing with them, But at least I got them out of High school before the damage was complete! Good for you guys that have gone the Home School route!!

If that were my child, the only thing that school would have to concern themselves with is the lawsuit they would face from my attorney. No one intimidates any member of my family and gets away with it. Period
Maybe go sit yourself in that classroom then. It's (they all are) a mill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top