JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
School Orders Student Who Made Anti-'Gun Control' Video to Get Psych Exam

The student, Harvey, left a thumbdrive in a schools computer lab, which contained his project.

"[Frank] Harvey was assigned the project during his junior year for a college career readiness class. He was tasked with putting together a video arguing against gun control laws."

The teacher doesn't dispute that – she just tells the family she doesn't remember giving that assignment. Harvey says he remembers getting an "A."

Manville school superintendent Anne Facendo declined comment.

Video:
Watch video of anti-gun project that got student suspended

Old guys like me, we grew up with westerns all over TV (well, the 3-4 channels we had) where it was demonstrated constantly that firearms deployed in the hands of the good guys was the only way to defend yourself from the bad guys.

Now days they media wants a new crop of people growing up who believe guns are evil who's only purpose is to kill innocent lives and lots of them.

When a young person demonstrates that this new indoctrination isn't taking hold then there must be something wrong with him and therefore separate him from the rest through suspension and then find out what's wrong with his brain via psych exam.

I have 4 daughters, they've all grown up around guns and their safe usage. They also understand and believe a gun, like a hammer is just a tool.

I'd be at that school with that teacher and principle explaining the 1st Amendment.

Sorry for the rant.

I have 4 daughters, they've all grown up around guns and their safe usage. They also understand and believe a gun, like a hammer is just a tool.

I'd be at that school with that teacher and principle explaining the 1st Amendment.

Sorry for the rant.

Hell I'd drag the superintendent and board members into it:mad:.

(Yes, we did that the 2nd week of our kid in 2nd grade in public school before going with homeschooling - we even bought a house intentionally in the best rated district in the area at the time. It's only my wife saintly nature that the principal wasn't fired.)

Any teacher worth a rat's bubblegum would encourage you to think and not just follow along. This "school" clearly doesn't want it's students to think for themselves.

I lived out north of my little town. And when I was in grade school.
I would bring my hunting rifle in and leave it in the principals office.

After school I put it on the bus and rode out west of town to stay at my friend Bill's house for the weekend. And do a little Hunting.

The Principle always asked me on Monday what I shot. :D

There is a line in the sand. There side and ours.

The point of my little story?

There are still places where guns make sense. And the people don't have some sick phobia associated with them.

However, we are amongst them that be sick. :D

Got to remember, most teachers and administrators today are the products of the same system. The curriculum of today started creeping it's way in to the system in the late 70's and 80's. They are teaching the "truth" as they were taught it. Unfortunately it goes far beyond just guns.

Solution to problem...home or private schooling. Anything else is State directed brainwashing.

Our district gets 10k per kid enrolled per year. Homeschool parents get zip, noda nuthing.

I made a more then modest amount of money during my last carrier and we have very little to no "frils" in our house (90% of our house is hand me downs from relatives) nor could we afford vacations very often. I had very few (more then I do now lol) toys, including guns because we just couldn't afford them.

My daughter had a first rate education though so it was worth it but it ain't cheap nor easy.

The Fed gov uses their money like drugs. They get states to take their block grants to get them hooked to the money and then control everything in the state. I believe the biggest movement in this direction started with federal interstate highway funding in the 50's and 60's.

Our district gets 10k per kid enrolled per year. Homeschool parents get zip, noda nuthing.

I made a more then modest amount of money during my last carrier and we have very little to no "frils" in our house (90% of our house is hand me downs from relatives) nor could we afford vacations very often. I had very few (more then I do now lol) toys, including guns because we just couldn't afford them.

My daughter had a first rate education though so it was worth it but it ain't cheap nor easy.

We've been homeschooling our daughter from the beginning and the more stories I hear about crap like this, the more assured I am that we've made the right decision. We are part of 3 different home-school coops and we meet a lot of people that feel the same way - in fact, the number of home schoolers is growing so quickly, they have to keep adding more and more coop locations to keep up with the demand. It's difficult, and a bit expensive, but worth it to avoid having the government indoctrinate our child with their PC, anti-freedom, anti-liberty, anti U.S. B.S.

We've been homeschooling our daughter from the beginning and the more stories I hear about crap like this, the more assured I am that we've made the right decision. We are part of 3 different home-school coops and we meet a lot of people that feel the same way - in fact, the number of home schoolers is growing so quickly, they have to keep adding more and more coop locations to keep up with the demand. It's difficult, and a bit expensive, but worth it to avoid having the government indoctrinate our child with their PC, anti-freedom, anti-liberty, anti U.S. B.S.

You get bonus points as a parent in my book.:cool:

The only reason my kid went to public highschool was for the social interactions (there were less homeschool groups then now) and to get those college credits to give her a head start.

All the grade school BS we skipped.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads