School me about SBR

Reactions
I have a lower on the way and think I want to build a SBR. I know that there is the form one, engraving after stamp, don't buy the rest of the build parts(cya) until after the stamp is approved.
At the same time I think I want to jump into a suppressor for it.

Is this where and when I need a trust?
Should I do the suppressor paperwork at the same time?

I am in Oregon. Any other issues I need to be aware of?

Reactions
I thoroughly documented my first time experience here and had a lightning quick process. This should cover most of what you're after. Let me know if you have any questions after reading this.

OP
BBQ Guy
Reactions
I thoroughly documented my first time experience here and had a lightning quick process. This should cover most of what you're after. Let me know if you have any questions after reading this.

I was looking through that earlier.

What attracted you to using those folks for the trust?

It seems a lot of people offer them and I'm not solid on the purpose of them. I think I understand the principle of why they exist.
Is there someplace I could read about them?
Or even a comparison of the different folks that do trusts?

It looks like your stamp came back in 6 weeks. That seems pretty damn quick.

Reactions
The whole idea of the trust is what happens to the weapons when you pass and or do you want others to be able to use them. Wife and I keep toying with some cans. If / when we do we will first set up a trust. Put at least one of the kids on it even if they are not much interested in the NFA items. That way when we go they can do what they want with the stuff. From what I have been told if you just have a stamp, and you pass on, it's a problem for family to deal with the NFA items then. The trust just seems like a lot nice insurance for little cost compared to a couple or more stamps.

Reactions
The whole idea of the trust is what happens to the weapons when you pass and or do you want others to be able to use them. Wife and I keep toying with some cans. If / when we do we will first set up a trust. Put at least one of the kids on it even if they are not much interested in the NFA items. That way when we go they can do what they want with the stuff. From what I have been told if you just have a stamp, and you pass on, it's a problem for family to deal with the NFA items then. The trust just seems like a lot nice insurance for little cost compared to a couple or more stamps.
That isn't really an issue. It can transfer tax free on a Form 5. The problem comes when they don't know the items exist and are suddenly in a position to do something and they have no idea what to do with them or who to talk to to get things resolved.

Reactions
That isn't really an issue. It can transfer tax free on a Form 5. The problem comes when they don't know the items exist and are suddenly in a position to do something and they have no idea what to do with them or who to talk to to get things resolved.
I thought that was the main point of the trust, that the people on it do not have to then try to do a transfer. That they could still keep the weapon and go on as if the one who was gone was still around. If / When Wife and I finally get a couple cans we will find out but from what the couple dealers we talked to so far have told us we will pay the extra to do the trust by the time we actually lay out the cash for stamps.

jbett98

Reactions
Read this:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom