JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"We Are Going To Fundamentally Change America"
Barack Hussein Obama II...............

A senior at one Connecticut high school has asked administrators to explain why he can access websites like Islam-guide.com, the State Democrat site and Planned Parenthood on the school's computers — but not sites for the NRA, the State GOP or Christianity.com.

Andrew Lampart, 18, said computers at his Nonnewaug High School won't even let him on to the Vatican's website, but will grant him access to Pro-Choice America, CBS Connecticut reported.

He said he discovered the discrepancies while trying to research gun control for a classroom debate and couldn't access the National Rifle Association's website.

"So I went over to the other side," he told local WTIC. "And I went over on sites such as Moms Demand Action or Newtown Action Alliance, and I could get on these websites but not the others."

Mr. Lampart then looked into the issue further.

"I immediately found out that the State Democrat website was unblocked but that the State GOP website was blocked," he said, adding that he also found "right-to-life" groups were blocked, but that Planned Parenthood and Pro-Choice weren't, CBS reported. And other findings: Christianity.com was blocked, as was the Vatican's site — but not Islam-guide.com, he said.

"They're trying to, in my opinion, shelter us from what's actually going on around the country and around the world by blocking these websites," he said. "It should be the other way around. The websites should be unblocked so that students can get different viewpoints from different sides of each argument."

Mr. Lampart said he told the superintendent of Woodbury schools of the issue, but no action was taken. He then took his query to the Board of Education.

"It's not a joking matter in terms of having access to both sides of an issue," Chairman John Chapman told local WTIC. "The Board appreciated hearing the comments from Andrew and agree that he has raised an important issue that warrants further investigation."
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/19/student-says-school-blocks-nra-gop-christian-websi/

It's a travesty. I heard that Castro had all the school children (for generations?) close their eyes and pray to God for ice cream.. upon opening their eyes, no ice cream! wow. Then they were told to pray to Castro for ice cream.. wallah.. ice cream. lame same
it's the unions

I say he needs to go to the morons at the ACLU and demand they take up his case, on their dime, to file a lawsuit against the school district for unwarranted censorship and violation of 1st amendment rights. Put their own liberal lawyers to work against them. Then, when the ACLU refuses to take the case, file a lawsuit against them for discrimination.

Speaking as a paralegal? I see an out of court settlement for violation of first amendment rights happening- but thats just my opinion

why are the kids surfing the web at school in the first place? Seriously need to be looking at the Vatican website at school? How about we try and not be last in education in the world rather than give a flipping crap what political websites a bunch of high school kids most of who CANT VOTE can see.

why are the kids surfing the web at school in the first place? Seriously need to be looking at the Vatican website at school? How about we try and not be last in education in the world rather than give a flipping crap what political websites a bunch of high school kids most of who CANT VOTE can see.

Well, I don't know about you, but I had to do reports in school - and those reports including doing research. And in today's world, that includes research on the internet. It's just a fact of life now. Internet access is pretty much standard fare in most libraries these days, including those in schools.

Here let me read it for ya.................

"He said he discovered the discrepancies while trying to research gun control for a classroom debate and couldn't access the National Rifle Association's website."

You guys seem to be for internet access and school, especially of political and religious websites. So should it be promoted then as a part of the curriculum? How is that going to improve our education ratings against other countries like Japan, South Korea and Finland?

You guys seem to be for internet access and school, especially of political and religious websites. So should it be promoted then as a part of the curriculum? How is that going to improve our education ratings against other countries like Japan, South Korea and Finland?

Who said they wanted it as part of the curriculum? As I already stated above, it's a resource just like the rest of the resources in the library. Why would having internet access have to be any more than that? I don't think anyone is suggesting that "Internet" become a subject - with kids just surfing the web for 50 minutes at a time. The fact of the matter is that the internet is a reality today when doing research, period. The real question is, if they're providing internet access, presumably for research purposes, why are they restricting certain sites, with a clear emphasis on restricting those that are right-leaning and pro-2A?

On the other hand, how will access to Planned Parenthood, the DNC, Islam-guide.com etc . prep our kids to compete? Wouldn't both sides of the political/philosophical/religious coins lead to more informed kids?
I believe it would.
Or are you advocating that kids be prevented from digital research altogether, thinking that will "help" them compete?

Teaching the kids how to do research is important. Censoring what research is available teaches ALL the wrong things.
Unless of course you believe in the Stalinist model of primary education.
In that case you'd be right on target.

The Internet is todays version of the encyclopedia. Printed encyclopedias are obsolete, and students who are doing research for reports go online for information.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top