Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Scheduled Downtime - Saturday, March 8th - Migration Weekend!

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I want to give everyone a heads up, next weekend we will be migrating to our new software platform. We will be taking the site down the morning of Saturday, March 8th, and hope to have it back up in a limited capacity (core functions will be working) by Saturday evening. There is a possibility that if we run into difficulties it will not be online again until Monday, so please plan accordingly. You will not have access to threads, posts, or private messages during this time.

If you would like to get to know the software before the migration, feel free to register over at Southwest Firearms Community and take a look. NWFA will be exactly the same, aside from the colors. I will be using the chat box over there to keep everyone updated on the status of the migration. We'll also be updating our Facebook page, which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/northwestfirearms

We appreciate your patience and support :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Joe Link

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

A whole day without NWFA?!?!? Oh the humanity!!!

CIPuyleart, orygun, Swedish K and 3 others like this.
  3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Might even be a little longer! Crossing my fingers for a smooth transition, though.

4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Will the Southwest still be there? Not sure some of us could go a whole day without using the chat:laugh:

Swedish K and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Joe Link

Date moved from March 1 to March 8.

Yep, it will :)

Swedish K and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Thanks for the notice Joe! Is there a chance you could keep us all updated via the NWFA Facebook page too?

7. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

Like that ever happens.

8. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Hey Joe, Maybe you can help cover Oregon when your done here.:devil:

9. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Are you using the same programmers as "Cover Oregon?"

Sheldon

Outdoorxj and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Joe Link

Planned on it, but forgot to mention it! Just updated the original post.

Exactly.

No. Way.

11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Go for it Joe! Wishing you a smooth and easy transition!

12. JJF123

JJF123 Monroe, Oregon Member

Mr.mod, I have a question..I went over to SouthWest and there is like just a few items for sale in the rifle,handgun,shotgun and parts categories. Is the SouthWest just not as active as the NorthWest or does the new site just only show a few choices in a category. Meaning are we still going to be able to scroll through dozens of items for sale for the week prior like we do now? Is our own personal posts and contacts we have had with others going to transfer over to the new site or should we print our inbox and sent messages to have record of our contacts
    I look back through my inbox and sentbox once in a while to recall something will it still be there? Thank You Sir

13. Joe Link

Good question! Everything will be imported from here, so you'll see all the threads, private messages, etc. after the migration. Southwest Firearms is just not as active right now, as I wanted to wait until after the NWFA migration to promote it.

14. Joe Link

Alright folks, tomorrow is the big day.

Though we don't foresee any big issues, it's never a bad idea to back up any information, such as Private Messages, you couldn't live without.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you early tomorrow evening!

15. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Good luck Joe!!

Joe Link and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

17. Joe Link

Hah, that's pretty funny.

18. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

How am I going to live without my hourly NWFA check...

19. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

So I should save a few pages for offline reading? And nostalgia? :)

20. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Today is the big day! I just wanted to post something before the matrix goes down. Carry on....