JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gold in 1986. Best time ever. Between the Road March and the G3, were many pints of beer and Just plain "Hell Raising" To bad Young Americans will never get the German experience of the Cold War Days...Alle Fur Richt!!!

I'll get the results by this weekend. It was a little hectic getting the tallies to the judges at the end, and I had to get back to work. I'm pretty sure I got gold. I was in the bronze off of my rifle score alone, and I shot much better with the P8 than I did with the rifle.

As I understand it, they dumbed it down a little bit due to logistical difficulties in doing anything here in Afghanistan. The ruck march wasn't too bad- I did have some severe blisters from that- never wear cotton socks for something like that.

Being in germany during the partnership programs and deutschmark was wonderful. Did you compete with a group of US soliders, or alone? Sometimes the germans will just blanket everyone under one score.

Back in the Day it was an individual event. We were fortunate enough to have much experience with German Weapons, as we trained along side our Cohort Unit. Still remember the German 1SG looking for a perfect spot for the Beer Tent....Miss the good ole days...

Individual scores, but there were about 25 of us on a 5 station range, and they did the G36 only using the two outside lanes. The P8 we closed up and used all 5 lanes.

For most of us, the only familiarization with the firearms was the 5 round magazine they gave us for warm-up. Never touched either of those firearms before that, personally. I had a malfunction with the red dot sight on those first 5 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top