JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I might try an attractant scent and some cover scent this year. Im looking for advise on good doe in rut or scrape scents. I might try a drag. I dont want to spend a fortune. Maybe one good cover and one good attractant. I want to buy it at Dicks, or Bi-mart. Any advise?

Planning on hunting coastal black tail and elk. In other areas, you dont need to get very close to bag em. But there are so many trees in the coastal region, I think it might be time to outsmart the game. I've been reading a book written by trappers in the 1850's and they talk alot about scents. Most trappers would only use scents to trap with. Anyway I thought I was above all that hooplah, but now Im thinking maybe not.

Stopped at fishermans afterwork. Found some good scents. Had exactly $27 in my pocket. Enough for one scent, one cover spray, and a call. Then i saw a can of H414 on the shelf for $26.99. It was like a sign from god. I couldn't stop myself. Now I've got a new can of powder and no cover scents.

But when I got home, I dug into my essential oils collection that I use for soap making. I found juniper, spruce, amber, and cedarwood. So im thinking of mixing with water in a spray bottle tonight and spraying down my gear. Not sure which one will be best. Any hints?

Stopped at fishermans afterwork. Found some good scents. Had exactly $27 in my pocket. Enough for one scent, one cover spray, and a call. Then i saw a can of H414 on the shelf for $26.99. It was like a sign from god. I couldn't stop myself. Now I've got a new can of powder and no cover scents.

But when I got home, I dug into my essential oils collection that I use for soap making. I found juniper, spruce, amber, and cedarwood. So im thinking of mixing with water in a spray bottle tonight and spraying down my gear. Not sure which one will be best. Any hints?

use one that is in the area you are hunting in you don't want to use lavender sent when you are in a soccer field with the guys (so to speak) at lest I hope you don't :s0140:

You can wash and clothes in scent killer, drive naked to the woods and pull you clothes out of a scent free bag and spray yourself again. But the instant you break a sweat or actually have to breathe in the woods all the odor prevention turns pointless.
the rain will help knock you scent down. It's also good to keep the wind in your face and move slow. If you're moving fast or loud enough for them to notice you no scent killer is going to help you.

i have used scent killer for 4 years and love it.it works period.i had been hunting all day and was sweaty and had a buck walk forty yards to me in a strong breeze right to him,he didnt skip a beat,i shot him in stride.not saying it is the end all be all,but every little advantage we can use, helps against the game on its own turf where it lives year round.

I mixed up some spruce in a spray bottle with water. I only used 1/4 table spoon and the water instantly turned the color of mountain dew. Kinda cool. Sprayed my outer gear the night before and now my whole house smells like Christmas. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top