JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO the scenario itself is not the issue. For every scenario you can imagine your preps have a limitation. Once that limitation is exceeded you are pretty much done. The real choices are then how do you best use your resources for best effect?

As a diabetic, it's likely that I won't survive a year without medication due to infections, renal failure, etc.. Any long term event is thus a death sentence. My goals would be first to care for my spouse, who due to health reasons I will most likely survive, and then to others who are nearby.

Some of my preps are not so much "things" as knowledge, so in the time I have passing that knowledge along is a high priority. This is everything from first aid to edible plants, to water treatment and sanatization - essential things that many don't know how to do because they have always been done in the background by others.
This sentiment is the basis of my only serious post on this thread. My " dead in my tracks " nightmare fantasy scenario is that I will be far from home.

The actual specifics of the unfolding catastrophe simply don't matter, if you're a significant plane ride away from your home. You can't plan your way out of that unless you go full shut in.

The unsettling part of a financial crash is in the past there is a push to get out of it. The next one seems to be the plan. Jethro from The Beverly Hillbillys could do a better job. He only had a 6th grade education.

I'm not sure what currency takes over when the dollar finally dies. I guess we'll find out. I have a book with b&w pictures of Germans using money as wall paper. I've seen video of Venezuelans carting money to buy bread. I'll get to see what Americans do first hand.
It won't be the Ruble or the Yuan. Potentially the Pound or the Euro, but the USD is still the most likely to be the most stable at the end of the day.

The current shortages and inflation are setting the stage for the biggest backlash against economic stupidity in American history. Looks for some major house cleaning in the midterms as well as 2024. It was tolerated so long as most of us were unaffected, now almost everybody is about to get very uncomfortable.

This sentiment is the basis of my only serious post on this thread. My " dead in my tracks " nightmare fantasy scenario is that I will be far from home.

The actual specifics of the unfolding catastrophe simply don't matter, if you're a significant plane ride away from your home. You can't plan your way out of that unless you go full shut in.
Fortunately I no longer have to do business travel, but when I did included in my baggage was a get home bag complete with hiking boots. When possible I would check a pistol and ammunition as well.

Even moving light and fast it's hard to maintain 20 mile days on foot for an extended period of time, but to get back to loved ones you will do what you need to do. Truthfully, any alternate transportation for as far as you can and otherwise a bicycle before you start to beat your feet.

The unsettling part of a financial crash is in the past there is a push to get out of it. The next one seems to be the plan. Jethro from The Beverly Hillbillys could do a better job. He only had a 6th grade education.

I'm not sure what currency takes over when the dollar finally dies. I guess we'll find out. I have a book with b&w pictures of Germans using money as wall paper. I've seen video of Venezuelans carting money to buy bread. I'll get to see what Americans do first hand.
I can see it changing to Trades performed with Bullets if it really gets to the point that it takes a wheelbarrow full of singles to buy a loaf of bread! Remove a persons wealth by making it worthless and all he has left is to Take what he needs from those who lord it over him!

Offer to take them to the range again. One at a time. Many Oregonians who didn't think they needed to know how to defend themselves are changing their minds now.
They of course would be welcome any time they wish but, they make their choices every day. To not see what is going on all around you these days you pretty much have to work at keeping your head in the sand. There is still a LOT of people who admit its a mess but keep telling themselves it will just never happen to them. I gave up trying to change the mind of people like that. Now I suspect that the day after one of them becomes a "victim" they will suddenly be on the phone to us. Will Rodgers said it well. If they survive and want help they know how to find me.

"There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin'. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Good points my @3MTA3 . Until the Whohoo Flu I traveled frequently around the country. Initially at first I only took carry on bags which extremely limited gear. Nobody I worked with (about 25 people or so) checked bags. Decided this was too limiting and started always checking a bag with some gear. Started to change my thinking about how to get home (agree that acquiring a bicycle is a better plan than waking, upward of 100 miles per day instead of 20 walking).

I'm 1,000 miles from home at the moment with kids there. I don't dwell on it but try to plan. Good thread idea!

Stop in tracks nightmare? Anything that I can't stop but have time to see it coming and think on it. Think a dinosaur seeing Chicxulub inbound, or the passengers on the Titanic, or the upper floors of WTC on 9/11.

Our hospitals have already proven they are ill equipped to handle anything beyond society in its "normal" mode. They're intentionally designed to be cost effective, which means keeping them at about 80% capacity under the best conditions. Imagine what would happen after a big earthquake or any other major disaster. Every form of medical care would be stretched to do anything other than triage and trying to stabilize people who are critically injured.

After seeing the societal and political effects over the last 1.5 years, besides an all out nuclear war, waiting for the rapture either mid- or post-tribulation with all its related content of horrors scares the hell out of me.

After seeing the societal and political effects over the last 1.5 years, besides an all out nuclear war, waiting for the rapture either mid- or post-tribulation with all its related content of horrors scares the hell out of me.
Yup. If we're not where a tyrannosaur looking southeast toward the skies over what is now Yucutan saw as The Big One came in, we're approaching it t frightening speed.

It's a shame our discussions here can only be on a temporal level since there is another perspective filled with hope and worthy of discussion and consideration.
Unsure what "only be on a temporal level" really means here.

Darkness and chaos only goes so far without it's opposite butting in somewhere along the line.

Though I don't disagree with you, that hasn't been my experience.
That pre-cvm sometimes has sperm in it and sometimes can get a woman pregnant is fact AFAIK. It usually doesn't get the woman pregnant unless the guy fails to withdraw before ejaculation. Possibly because it usually takes more human sperm and semen than that to achieve a pregnancy. The point is withdrawal is not to be counted on.

• The one that you can't really create an adequate plan to address.
  • The one that produces a strong negative emotional response. (To put in less sterile terms, the one causes terror in the soul.)
The scenario where my daughter is a confirmed death.

In that case, I have little reason to carry on - depending on the cause of death, I would probably just do nothing extra to survive if at all. If someone is to blame for her death (negligence, malicious, etc.), then I would probably seek extreme retribution without regard to my own survival or consequences, if at all possible.

If she is missing/etc., I would do whatever I could to search & rescue, if possible - but I could think of a lot of scenarios where she would be missing and there is nothing I could do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top