JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have no personal experience with them but, have read a lot of good comments and they seem to be very reliable for the price point.

Owned one briefly. Nothing to complain about it. If I was starting out, I'd consider it over a lot on the market. Price is very good for the value.

1000+ rounds thru mine and only FTE was during an extended time of intentionally not cleaning it to see what it would do.

It is a great gun compared to anything in that price range and I do carry it in my bag as a backup gun or one to hand off to the wife since she can't carry regularly.

Will a $400+ gun be better... yea, the DAO does have a stiff pull but at 10 yards it's pie plate worthy in a shoot out the mag as fast as possible situation.

I bought one at BiMart last summer for TWO HUNDRED out the door! Great folks to deal with at Portland Woodstock store! I had been reading about it for years on the public web blog and reviews were generally great, and improving over the years. I swear some of the bad reviews sound familiar, as if it is a script for a paid ringer from a Big Gun Manufacturer. Sccy has been making the same gun for twenty years so they have probably worked it out! They had problems in the early years because the assemblers were putting the magazine spring in BACKWARDS. It is the SAFEST carry gun there is: true double action only; never cocked until the trigger is pulled all of the way. It is beautifully machined and fit and function are perfect, plus it fits very will in the hand. What blew my mind is how SOFT and SMOOTH that long trigger pull is. It's almost as buttery as a Kahr pistol! I have dry-fired it a hundred times or so, mostly with a snap cap, but I still have to get around to shooting it. If you bring a snap cap with you they might let you dry fire it to make up your mind.

As with a lot of other things in life.....for some......if it works it works. If it doesn't....THEN, you've got a problem.

Yes, I also read reviews and watch videos on YouTube. Bottom line: "It's up to you."

Note that: My son like Glocks. While I don't. HA, Ha, ha.....

Aloha, Mark

PS....in the micro 9mm line. I've chosen a DiamondBack 9.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads