JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got my hands on my first SCCY pistols today. I think they started out as "SKYY" but had to change their name. I must say I was completely underwhelmed by them. I found them to be blocky and poorly finished. I never thought I would ever say thins, but I would just get the Kel-Tec if this was the type of gun I was going to buy. :)

I got my hands on my first SCCY pistols today. I think they started out as "SKYY" but had to change their name. I must say I was completely underwhelmed by them. I found them to be blocky and poorly finished. I never thought I would ever say thins, but I would just get the Kel-Tec if this was the type of gun I was going to buy. :)

Which one, .380, 9mm?

I have one. On the positive side, it has a safety and a better trigger than the Kel-Tec. That's what interested me.

On the other hand, I'm about to send it back for the 2nd time. The first time happened when I took it apart for initial inspection before shooting, and it I really want this gun to work because of its light weight, small size and manageable recoil (much less pain than the KelTec PF9). But it needs to fit back together after cleaning!would not go back together. Customer service was nice. they fixed the problem, did some fluff & buff, and sent me extra parts and a magazine. I got it back in 9 days, but I paid for FFL service.

I took it out and shot different ammo through it, including some hand loads. No problems. Took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together - no problems.

Took it out last week for the 2nd time. Was getting light strikes with Remington UMC value pack. Second strike got most of them to fire. Handed the gun to my friend who also had light strikes. He gave it thumbs down. At home, I cleaned it but could not get it back together again.

I called SCCY this week and said this is strike two on your gun. Fix it or give me new one. They said that a few guns did have problems with fitting the spring and rod, so they really want to examine it. They e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label and I will sent it off tomorrow.

I'll give this gun one more chance, or they can send me a new one. More to follow.....

A note about the safety: It's bulky and can be pushed by your thumb to the safe position. SCCY will send you a stiffer spring if you ask. Some people have simply removed the safety, while others have shaved down the lever so it is not accidentally moved.

had one of the first skyyyyyy. the firing pin broke and took me months to get a new one. the mfg said he would send one and i waited and waited, emailed and emailed, then waited then started it all over. soon as i got the pin, i sold it. i refuse to be held hostage for parts i cant get. it shot ok, jambed with cheap ammo, overall, my keltec p3at wipes the floor with it. you can depend on the keltec, and thats what its all about isnt it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top