JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't shot one yet but the neighbor got one recently - he loves it. Hasn't had a hickup with about 6 boxes through it and said it prints better for him than some other compact 9s he tried first. Trigger is a bit on the stiff side but it works.

I have quite a few premium handguns and bought the little SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2 (No safety) on a whim. So far I've put 450 completely problem freee rounds through the thing, the trigger has smoothed out and lightened to where it's as smooth as my Kahr CM-9 I had, it has very nice visible three dot sights that are as good as the better handguns I have, and it comes with magazine extensions as well as standard baseplates for the magazines, which are good quality steel mags. Machining inside and out is way better than the old Keltec PF-9 I started out with. Plus, it weighs 15 oz unloaded, holds 10+1, and is totally manageable in terms of recoil so you can shoot it enough to get good with it. Accuracy is adequate, sort of minute-of-bad-guy, but with practice I'm to the point I'm grouping all my shots on regular sized paper plates at 35-40 feet. Armalaser has a laser sight for it already, by the way. The documentation that comes with the gun states it's not rated for +P ammo, but the website says it can be used in limited amounts, just not a steady diet, same as many other manufacturers state in their literature. It's $225-250 for a new gun that carries a lifetime warranty that's for the gun, not the owner, meaning that anyone you sell it to has the coverage as well. And their customer service gets fairly rave reviews in a time when most are going downhill. I can't think of a reason NOT to buy one.

Where are you guys finding the 225-250 prices? Any in OR? Been interested in them but only have seen them in the 299 price by a random vendor on Facebook of all places.

Are the magazines identical to KelTec mags? KelTecs use MecGar mags that are interchangeable with S&W 5900 series pistols- easy to find and affordable. A low priced handgun is less of a bargain if you have to pay thru the nose for a hard to find proprietary mag.

I really like my CPX2. I am getting used to the long trigger and reset. My groups are getting better. My previous EDC was a Beretta Nano, which I still like a lot, and it also had a long trigger and reset (no quick 2 shots). However 10+1 is way better than 6+1, and the CPX2 is way lighter than the Nano. I am getting used to the grip (longer between trigger and backstrap) and my draw grip is now becoming natural (the Beretta needed no "learning period" - it felt right from the beginning).

I have had Glocks, Kimbers, a Shield, a Makarov and a .45 that found its way home in my duffel bag, Kel-Tecs, Rugers and a number of revolvers from S&W, Ruger and Taurus. This may sound weird, but other than the Mak and 1911A-1, I like the CPX2 best.

My Dad has the cpx2. He fits his hand very well. I noticed the feed ramp (I think that's what it's called?) is loose and it kept moving around jamming the first round. When my Dad took it out for the first time he had no problems. Trigger is pretty stiff. I think it's still worth the price.

Was it a cpx2 or cpx1? Ive heard the first gens were crap but the second gens seem pretty solid

It was a second gen. The only difference of the two is the safety. With the first gen when people were firing it the safety would engage when the slide came forward. Save your money for something better

Also they don't like chambering the first round. In the manual it even says to rack the first round you are supposed to lock the slide back and use the release to chamber it

First gen is a totally different gun mine seems about the same as my kahr was at first if you didnt slingshot the first round and you rode the slide it wouldnt feed correctly the new version doesnt have a slide release it has a slide lock and the proper way to load is to slingshot there is 3 different models there is the original cpx1 then there is cpx2 and cpx1 gen 2
It was a second gen. The only difference of the two is the safety. With the first gen when people were firing it the safety would engage when the slide came forward. Save your money for something better

I bought a SCCY CX-2 last weekend and have fired 50 rounds so far and am impressed with its fit, finish and functionality. The trigger takes some getting used to, especially right after shooting my Browning Buckmark. I expect it to ride right up close to my belly from now on. I bought it new from a dealer in the upper valley for $239 plus $10 BG check.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top