Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Scary stuff...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by pitrow, Feb 25, 2011.

1. pitrow

pitrow Cornelius/Newberg New Member

2. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Wow, I sure hope that's not what really happend. If it's even half right I hope she wins the 70mil.

3. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

whatever the deal is Southampton is screwed

4. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes, and my question is: What about criminal charges for false arrest. false imprisonment and a host of other official misconduct charges???

5. bassman2

bassman2 SW WA Active Member

As they should be!

6. Colt Carbine

Colt Carbine Oregon Gears-N-Guns

We can thank the Bush Administration and those in Congress who voted for the Patriot Act for this :bsflag:

7. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

I'm not sure that there is ANY justification for this in the patriot act

I'm not sure that we the tax payers need to be sued for the atrocity but i'd have no problem with those goons being locked up for this gross misconduct. I will say that she should get some cash out of this

8. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Yup. +1

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The city's Attorney or what ever his title is,has been have some deaths and other problems in his own life,so he didn't counter her in the allotted time.
    She is about 3/4 of the way to having a huge settlement.
    And deservedly so.

BTW,what happened to being able to take pictures of anything visible from public right-of-ways?

10. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Should keep in mind that this is her side of it as presented by the law firm Murtha & Murtha.$$$

11. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

On my last visit to Manahttan, my co worker and I were warned by our driver not to be seen by local law enforcement taking pictures of anything "sensitive". He specifically mentioned bridges and tunnels, such as the Brooklyn Bridge. This was in 2009, so unfortunately I find this apalling, but not surprising. Neither political party seems to want to end the Patriot Act, which is redonkulous

12. nubus

nubus Guest

I heard about the picture taking thing before.
    Being a photographer for 20+ years it kinda pissed me off in general.
    Besides, there are stock photos and details about construction for all major works.
    You could get a lot more info on the Brooklyn bridge off the internet than from taking a few pictures.
    When we sacrifice liberty for lack of common sense the terrorists have won.

13. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I remember the Summer after 9/11 when the Rose Festival fleet was in town I was down by the Burnside Bridge and saw a guy that was videotaping some of the ships including a Coast Guard Cutter. A cop walked over to the guy and directed his attention to the gunner on the Cutter who had trained a dual .50 on him.

14. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

When I worked for the WA DOT we had several middle easterners working for us, one of them was one of the "Portland Seven" that were arrested for terrorism. Another one of the middle easterners got permission to work on Saturdays and after hours. As part of the IT team I gat a call from Olympia about all the data that was being transmitted out over the Internet. They wanted to know what was going on, which we didn't know anything about. Wouldn't it be nice if you were planning on terrorist attacks to have ALL the construction plans to SR-205 and I-5 in digital form?

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
    80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

most photographers have heard of this. The TSA issued a warning awhile back.
    Now, if we want to take pictures at or near an airport we have to be more sneaky, which makes us look more suspicious... even though all we're doing is getting the photograph.

TSA warns you to report photographers » We Love DC

tsa2369x500.jpg

16. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

17. DiscoFam

DiscoFam Springfield Member

Wow. I would really love to see how this all pans out. If the story is how she described it then there is some extreme negligence on the part of the police. Hopefully everyone that was involved gets whats coming to them.

18. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

na, it'd be better to thank the obama administration who's campaign frequently attacked Bush over the Patriot Act, and then chose to continue it upon assuming office.

19. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Personally, I blame abnormal human paranoia.

The patriot act, like this arrest, is just a symptom.

20. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

Though I know I'll catch grief for this..I'll lay everything I've got..that absolutely nothing will be done to the cops involved....