JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a spectator not in the situation, the bluff charges were hilarious to watch. Haven't seen a cougar flail like that, but I also haven't watched a lot of cougar attack videos.

I would have definitely tried to dissuade it by shouting and standing large, and would have definitely tried to dissuade it with gunfire as a sound, but in all reality I don't think I would have made it past the first bluff charge after it already pursued me down the road as I walked away.

My neighbor took his 4-wheeler to a gully on his place to dump some trash. (No comments,please!) After tossing it in, he noticed that a large bobcat was watching him from the other side of the 30-foot-wide gully. They watched each other for a few minutes, until he got tired of watching and decided to scare it off. He threw up his arms and yelled at the top of his lungs while lurching forward toward the cat. The cat leaned forward and gathered himself to spring. Rick jumped on his 4-wheeler and made a hasty retreat!

I saw a cougar on our timber property last year. I had been fixing a ditch with our mini-excavator and was walking it down a dirt road near a pile of blasted rock. The cougar ran across the rock about 50 yards ahead of me at full speed at an angle that took it closer to me as it crossed the road. It was headed for a stream off to my left, so it was trying to get past. Boy, they move fast! :eek:

i think, if the cat wanted to kill him, he have never seen her coming.

personally, if i saw a kitten, id not be walking tward it and treated it more like a bear cub and backed away.. but you never know until it happens ;)

Wow that guy was very lucky that he did not fall while backing away since the cougar would have attacked. I am assuming that he did not have a gun?

Freakin' Karens even in the woods -- If you haven't clicked you're totally missing out!

EDIT: I see, there's a link there to here:

Yeah, the site doesn't display links very well. I forgot to put my "click here" and an arrow.

EDIT: Arrow added.

Wow that guy was very lucky that he did not fall while backing away since the cougar would have attacked. I am assuming that he did not have a gun?
He actually said "Where is my gun?" in the video so I'm guessing no. Normally I'd say I bet he will from now on, but with this one I'm not sure.

Can't say I know what I would have done. Cat seems to be just protective and after the bluff charge I wouldn't have been too worried. Still scary as it follows him. I probably would have had it in my sights and backed away like he did.

Remember the cougar that attacked two mountain bikers in Washington State back in May of 2018? Mauled one and killed the other.

And the first person attacked survived. The other ran to get help, and the cat chased and killed them (jumped on their back and bit their neck). Face to face you might survive a cougar attack, especially if you fight back. If one gets you from behind you're probably done.

Kick some of the rocks toward it. Draw firearm. If it gets within my comfort range, fire one shot in the dirt towards it. If it continues, drop it.

Wow -- long time since this came up in my alerts. Before I remembered the context, I thought "just toss a bottle of vodka" -- though I bet that joke has already been made.
I checked the thread for ya...
There were a coupla vague references, but nuthin' as overt as this:
Cougar.png

I still have no idea why it took that dude so long to pickup and throw a rock. He's lucky he wasn't cat food. I also have no idea why we're dusting off a two month old post. But here we all are. :rolleyes:

At least Sobo made me laugh. :s0067:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads