JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally found pistol powder-I can now load .380, .45 and .44 mag. Made about 600 .380's today. Found some Winchester Auto Comp at the Centralia gun show yesterday and some bullets at County Line in Yelm. No pistol powder to be had in Seattle area. Little bit of extra driving, but it sure felt good to make a bunch successfully. 45 and 44 all came out great and shoot very well.

I talked to Hodgdon at SHOT, they're going to start loosening up supply this summer, hopefully by then some of the new importers will be online, and we can start seeing $18-20 retail prices again on powder.

I talked to Hodgdon at SHOT, they're going to start loosening up supply this summer, hopefully by then some of the new importers will be online, and we can start seeing $18-20 retail prices again on powder.

What do you mean by "Loosening up supply"? Sounds like the "Hodgdons" are just sittin' on 600 tons of twenty different powders! LOL.....It would sure be nice to walk into BiMart or Sportsman's and buy a couple of pounds of 231 again. Or look up on the shelf and say "Hey, I think I'll try a pound of #####, heard it was good for .####" Ahh, the good old days, [three years ago].

Picked up a 4 lb keg of Power Pistol last night at the Kennewick Sportsman's Warehouse for $77.95. They had single lbs of Unique, Bullseye, Green Dot, Red Dot and Power Pistol on the shelf, too. They had just received a shipment of Alliant powder. It will be interesting to see how long they last at $21.95 per pound. It is getting better...

I pretty much had to look for 3 months straight twice a day to find powder and primers I needed for the foreseeable future. Its unfortunate that I can't find shotgun powders anywhere in the Portland area. I hope you guys are right about them loosening up there sphincter on powder and other supplies.

James

Its unfortunate that I can't find shotgun powders anywhere in the Portland area
Yesterday at 3pm the Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro had a couple kegs of Red Dot, a few lbs of green dot, and some various shotgun powders that I am not familiar with. As noted above for the Kennewick location, them seem to have received a shipment from Alliant.

Last Edited:
Yah, I just bought the last RL-15 5# keg at Hillsboro Sportsman's. $119 I've been looking (not hard) for RL-15 for a year now.
I didn't see any pistol powders left, they still had an 8# 4064. A smattering of other rifle powders.

Last week I had occasion to stop by on Thursday and Friday and noticed they put out new powder both days. Guess where I'm stopping at tomorrow afternoon?

Too bad their sale doesn't apply to reloading supplies, but they do have a 5% discount for military and veterans.

Sportsman's in Medford had a good selection of rifle and pistol powder yesterday...got some Power Pistol and HP-38. Got some Varmint last week. Could it be that the shortage is abating?

Sportsman's in Medford had a good selection of rifle and pistol powder yesterday...got some Power Pistol and HP-38. Got some Varmint last week. Could it be that the shortage is abating?

Oooo, HP-38! Do you have a picture?

Ha.....Sportsman's has been getting powder, is the best way to say it. At a good price too. I was in the SE 82nd Sportsman's the other day and they had a bunch of powder recently crossed off the list and were due for another shipment that day. The guy was saying they were due to get hand gun powder.

Oooo, HP-38! Do you have a picture?

Ha.....Sportsman's has been getting powder, is the best way to say it. At a good price too. I was in the SE 82nd Sportsman's the other day and they had a bunch of powder recently crossed off the list and were due for another shipment that day. The guy was saying they were due to get hand gun powder.

Stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse in Federal Way today. I was able to pick up 2 # of HP-38. They had more out but that was the daily limit. The powder shelf was pretty well stocked. Only a few pistol powders but the most powder I have seen in one place in a loooooog time. I actually stopped by for some CCI LPP's, but they were out of those....settled for Winchester's. I think things may be looking up.........I hope, I hope.

Stopped by my local one and yep H110 in 8s:eek: Also picked up some Win 231 they had 4lbrs I was shocked.

Hopefully it will keep getting better.

Stopped by my local one and yep H110 in 8s:eek: Also picked up some Win 231 they had 4lbrs I was shocked.

Hopefully it will keep getting better.
The Kennewick Sportsman's Warehouse also had 3 one pounders of HP-38 on the shelf Friday evening. Had I not picked up 4 lb keg of Alliant Power Pistol a few days ago, I would have grabbed one. Thought I would leave it for someone who needs it more.

Just hit my local Sportsmans and WOW most powder I have seen in a while :eek: Kind of scary almost o_O Must have been 4 or 5 of us waiting for the list :D

Now if only .22 would come back :rolleyes:

Just hit my local Sportsmans and WOW most powder I have seen in a while :eek: Kind of scary almost o_O Must have been 4 or 5 of us waiting for the list :D

Now if only .22 would come back :rolleyes:
Just gone done at Sportsman's and was very happy to see a choice of powders. I wanted lo load up but the budget limited me to a pound. I actually had to choose, usually In am just happy to find a pound of one of the powders I am looking for.

I just grabbed one pound also. What I really wanted was not in stock but did grab some last week also so am set for a while. But always still looking :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top