JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously you guys just need to relax. Eric Holder is investigating these matters personally and will identify if anyone actually did anything wrong. He is our nation's top law enforcement officer after all!

If I were the Pope, and I was subpoenaed before Congress, and if I was asked "Sir, are you the Pope?", I'd plead the 5th and not answer. Because maybe, just maybe, you're not the Pope.

E

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if she suffered an accidental water-boarding or a drone strike.... to shut her up. I'm just sayin.... I think the clear abuse of power in several instances is going to really turn this term into a lame duck one. I also think since they are Liberals that they THINK they really didn't do anything wrong..the ends justify the means..Just like they justify the Weathermen bombings back during Vietnam. I also predict that Obamas staffers that are the Ehrlichmans, Haldemans and Deans will go down as well. But who is Obama's G. Gordon Liddy?

Brutus Out.:s0131:

i have to say though, attacking the fact that she invoked her 5th amendment right is a bit low ball. granted she had already admitted to many other fallacies, she is entitled to stop speaking at some point. she may very well be innocent and simply whistle blowing for our sake. pleading the 5th does not make you guilty.

I have to agree with you. What do we preach on this forum about talking to the police? You don't! I don't know why that rule should't apply to speaking to Congress. Look at the other two guys from the IRS that testified. They are the only two folks in America that proved they were dumber than the average Congressmen.

But she lost the right to invoke the 5th when she started her statements on not lying and not breaking IRS rules. That invalidated her 5th Amendment rights.

Are you sure about that? You can stop talking at any point can't you? A smart person realizes that the hole they are digging gets deeper with every word they say. Having said that I figure there are going to be some heads rolling and perhaps one of them will be Lerner's. She's either elbow deep in the mess or completely incompetent.

BTW, I have to agree with Scarborough's assessment about this IRS scandal and the effects it will have a on a variety of things especially in regards to privacy and by extension to gun legislation/regulation.

But she lost the right to invoke the 5th when she started her statements on not lying and not breaking IRS rules. That invalidated her 5th Amendment rights.

Well, not exactly according to some attorneys who have weighed in on this. Ms. Lerner effectively "waived" her right, she didn't "lose" the right.

I'm beginning to think we might be better off with a scandal ridden 2nd term Obama than Mr. Romney. He was a swell fellow but on guns he probably would have got something passed. Obama, Holder and the rest have over reached and now are getting bad press every day. Hopefully he'll be so bogged down putting out fires that he'll not be able to screw up the country any more than he did the first term.

I'm beginning to think we might be better off with a scandal ridden 2nd term Obama than Mr. Romney. He was a swell fellow but on guns he probably would have got something passed. Obama, Holder and the rest have over reached and now are getting bad press every day. Hopefully he'll be so bogged down putting out fires that he'll not be able to screw up the country any more than he did the first term.

Well, it's nice to have a good thought once in a while.

now there's an optimist:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top