1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Scar 16s

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Gas, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Gas

Gas Gig Harbor, Washington, United States Active Member

I got to fire one yesterday. I always thought of it as a novelty rifle for a civilian, but man is it light. Guy had an Acog on it and it was super nice shooting. He said he had a 17s on order (.308)

Anyone have one, what are your feelings on them? I think a 17s would be overkill for a civilian, but then again some guys buy a Barrett .50cal.
  2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

PDX.DJB Roseburg Member

I took the tactical rifle class at OFA last week and a guy brought one. It seemed to work well for him....but then again, so did all the other guns that were used. If cost isn't an issue, it's definitely a cool gun.
  4. Iceberg

Iceberg Washington County Active Member

I think it looks & feels cheap. With so much plastic, you would also think it would sell for much less than $2300! I played with a Bushmaster ACR at Kieth's the other day and felt the same way about that rifle. The basic ACR was $2K w/ fixed stock & cheap Magpul plastic folding sights. I don't think either rifle is that much better than the venerable GI or Gas Piston AR15; I think I will keep my M4s & Springfield Armory M1As.