JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somehow my home phone number must have dropped off the no call list. A few days ago I got a call from some type of credit solutions company. My spidey sense said scam so I just started answering questions without giving up any important info. Basically the conversation was headed towards needing bank account and credit card info so they could help me with a (non-existent) credit issue. When I finally asked what credit card company or entity he worked for I got a dial tone for an answer.

Just a few minutes ago I answered a call from Vertex. Apparently, this guy from Ickyackyistan was able to determine my computer had a virus and did I want help with it. The spidey sense kicks in again so I start answering questions. How old is my computer .... oh about 15 years. Is it slow and acting weird ..... well ya, it's 15 years old. Could I please go turn it on ..... well no. Why .... because I am in the bathroom. Can I please move to the computer ..... no I'm in the middle of something. What am I in the middle of ..... uh, I'm taking a dump. So when can I call you back .... DON'T. Then I got the dial tone treatment again.

Keep your spidey sense turned on! If you get an unsolicited call it's a scam. Mess with the caller but don't tell them anything.

Ask them for their number. If it is so important, I promise to call them back. After they won't give me the # I am not as pleasant. Sometimes I am nice though (they aren't supposed to hang up) So I tell them what I had for lunch, and put them on hold.

Keep them on the phone as long as possible. They want people who won't fall for their scam to hang up as fast as possible. If you keep them busy, they cannot call the next possible victim.
Have some fun with it by playing dumb For example say they are trying to help you with your bad credit. Ask if you can charge their service onto to the credit card that you are trying to discharge. Also ask if their bill can be discharged in bankrupcy. LOL.

Hang up immediately. If you stay on long enough to scream at one of their "operators," you're simply telling the machine a the other end that your phone number is a live one. They sell working phone numbers to other scammers.

Your "Do Not Call" listing is not supposed to expire, as I remember they changed it from five years to never now.

I get two or more calls a day from "Toll Free", even on Sundays. I never answer and they never leave a message either.

You can also fight back and sue them in small claims court There is a guy who wrote a book about doing it to telemarketers. It came out a couple of years ago, and he managed to get over $60K in one year suing telemarketing companies who do not respect the Do Not Call list.
>........ now scammers is an entirely different ballgame.

When my caller ID shows an out of state telemarketers number, I answer with "FBI internet fraud & scams division, agent Jensen speaking". Never hear back from that number again.

When my caller ID shows an out of state telemarketers number, I answer with "FBI internet fraud & scams division, agent Jensen speaking". Never hear back from that number again.

That is absolutely AWESOME! I will have to remember that one for sure. I have been known to do the South Park City Wok greeting .... HairO ... dis sh!tty wok can I preeze have oda?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top