JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother in law got a call, said it was IRS and they would issue a warrant.
He said he'd turn himself in.
Then he got a call from his town's police. He says, I can't talk I am driving. They said "pull over, we'll get a gps lock and send an officer"
He drove to the local PD - the officers were shocked their number was spoofed.

Anyways, forewarned is prepared.

My brother in law got a call, said it was IRS and they would issue a warrant.
He said he'd turn himself in.
Then he got a call from his town's police. He says, I can't talk I am driving. They said "pull over, we'll get a gps lock and send an officer"
He drove to the local PD - the officers were shocked their number was spoofed.

Anyways, forewarned is prepared.

See, thats too much work. If they got all that, they know where you live. If they pick you up there, no standing there for hours getting a vehicle towed and impounded.

Work smarter, not harder.

I love those IRS calls Whenever I get a live person I give them hell. The smart ones hang up quickly. The stupid ones try to BS their way through with IRS audit threats and such which allows me more time to curse their ancestry/gender/orientation/parents/looks or whatever else comes to mind.
Who are they going to complain to?
"I was trying to run a scam on this guy and he was mean to me..."
Try it . It's very therapeutic. 601898

Sometimes if I am really bored I will answer these calls if it's a spoofed local area code, just to see how long I can keep them on the phone. To waste their time, Till they eventually lose it and hang up on me. But for the most part. I put all unknown and out of state calls on my blocked list

I always ask if they're naked. That I can only talk if they're naked. Then I ask about various body parts and if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Sometimes I ask if they like movies with gladiators in them....

I figure if THEY call ME it's not an obscene phone call.

They never call back.

Just got two calls yesterday within 5 minutes of each other stating my SSN has been suspended and to hit 1 to rectify the issue. I hit the call end button, worked like a champ. ;)

Just got two calls yesterday within 5 minutes of each other stating my SSN has been suspended and to hit 1 to rectify the issue. I hit the call end button, worked like a champ. ;)

Voicemail Transcription: One call from our department is to inform you that we just suspend your Social Security number because we found some suspicious activity so if you want to know about this case just press one thank you this call is from the Department of Social Security Administration the reason you have received this phone call from our department is to inform you that we just suspend your Social Security number because we found some suspicious activity so if you want to know about this case just press one thank you.

My cell provider provides a VM transcription service - it often gets the words wrong, but in this case it seemed to get almost all of the words right so the message must have been loud and clear. I got this the other day from 509-588-7352. Since I didn't recognize the number I didn't answer (or didn't notice the call since I have the volume turned off during the workday). Now the number is blocked.

I tell them that I have Tourette's Syndrome and please excuse any uncontrolled responses I might make to their questions.
I then shout some really loud expletives mixed in with my answers.

I've had my phone number on the " Do Not Call" list since 2003 but in the last few days I've gotten 3 or 4 calls every day!!! Including one today and it's only 0835!

Sometimes if I am really bored I will answer these calls if it's a spoofed local area code, just to see how long I can keep them on the phone. To waste their time, Till they eventually lose it and hang up on me. But for the most part. I put all unknown and out of state calls on my blocked list
I especially like the Credit Card rate reduction calls. I answer and press the corresponding button to get a human and act like wow cool I can use a lower rate, just to waste their time and when they ask what is the balance I tell them about 25 thousand on my Visa. They're like wow we can get you better rates can you please give me your CC number. I reply sure but my bank just issued me a new card last week and it has a mixture of Alpha Numeric number and you'll need to write it down and I'll speak it it in Phonetics, and start with 4079 Pappa, Hotel, Uniform, Quebec, Uniform, Echo, Echo, Whiskey, Echo, Bravo, Uniform, Delta, Delta, Yankee. The funny thing is i can see them in my mind writing it down and they get pissed and cuss me or they hang up. Another good one I use is, they call and I answer in a low tone voice, Your job is done and the body is where you wanted it. Then in serious voice I will be there for my Money have it or you'll be next to them. One more I use is they start out with "Hi this is James or another name" I'll cut them off saying hey James or who ever, you're supposed to be here helping me cut these bodies up in the basement so we can get paid for the disposal for the boss". Any of these works wonders.:'D

The authorities don't care about the individual reporting getting scammed/spammed/etc. - some won't even take the report. There is little they can do about it as most of the scammers are not in the USA.

Putting your number on the DNC list does nothing - only the legit outfits pay attention to that, if then.

Just block them. And block them. And block them some more; I must have hundreds of numbers on my blocked list.:rolleyes:

I especially like the Credit Card rate reduction calls. I answer and press the corresponding button to get a human and act like wow cool I can use a lower rate, just to waste their time and when they ask what is the balance I tell them about 25 thousand on my Visa. They're like wow we can get you better rates can you please give me your CC number. I reply sure but my bank just issued me a new card last week and it has a mixture of Alpha Numeric number and you'll need to write it down and I'll speak it it in Phonetics, and start with 4079 Pappa, Hotel, Uniform, Quebec, Uniform, Echo, Echo, Whiskey, Echo, Bravo, Uniform, Delta, Delta, Yankee. The funny thing is i can see them in my mind writing it down and they get pissed and cuss me or they hang up. Another good one I use is, they call and I answer in a low tone voice, Your job is done and the body is where you wanted it. Then in serious voice I will be there for my Money have it or you'll be next to them. One more I use is they start out with "Hi this is James or another name" I'll cut them off saying hey James or who ever, you're supposed to be here helping me cut these bodies up in the basement so we can get paid for the disposal for the boss". Any of these works wonders.:'D

Interesting... Next time I get one of those calls I'll tell them they issued me a new card and it's in morse code. I might even dig out my bug and oscillator and see how well they can copy.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads