JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Seeing more scammers in the Classifieds. Usually their refuse to meet up and want you to pay online.

I was wondering if we could have a rule where you must post 50 posts in the non classified areas before you can post in the Classifieds.

Usually these guys are not gun guys and most are not even in America.

Seeing more scammers in the Classifieds. Usually their refuse to meet up and want you to pay online.

I was wondering if we could have a rule where you must post 50 posts in the non classified areas before you can post in the Classifieds.

I am really sorry to hear that but it's not surprising deadbeats are always looking to take advantage of people if they can. I'm guessing that it might be a bit more difficult on this site as most outdoor enthusiasts are not as gullible as the average person. I'm new to this site but already loving it
thanks

I am really sorry to hear that but it's not surprising deadbeats are always looking to take advantage of people if they can. I'm guessing that it might be a bit more difficult on this site as most outdoor enthusiasts are not as gullible as the average person. I'm new to this site but already loving it
thanks

Yah, plus there are hole bunch of new & potentially new firearms owners. Hopefully they become enthusiasts & 2A supporters.

That, along with lower inventory/harder to find, makes the market ripe for more scammer folks.

As always, if something seems too good to be, it more than likely is...

In these times in particular, folks should only deal with others in person at an FFL. Caveats apply, if one really knows what they are doing & has ways to "vouch" for sellers etc.

No reason to be sending off hard earned money to some unknown for something which can be purchased local with a bit of patience...

Reputation here matters.
If someone has no feedback, I'm wary.
Doesn't make this impossible for new folks, just means you have to build trust. If someone has plenty of good feedback, I'll send them money and know it'll work out fine. If someone has no feedback, things need to sound right, and things must be face to face.

I've spent the better part of the past two days working on ways to make the site more difficult for scammers, as well as an educational guide for members. Hoping to release these changes soon :s0155:

This is huge. If you have even the slightest concern, feel free to get a moderator involved and we'll investigate.
This is complete bs.... I reported a scammer on the site, using the report button, and the "mod" looking into it said my only option was to leave negative feedback...

And as a supporting member I thought our problems got some priority, instead of just the brush off....

This is complete bs.... I reported a scammer on the site, using the report button, and the "mod" looking into it said my only option was to leave negative feedback...

Sometimes that's the only option, every situation is different. If you're unhappy with that resolution (or anything, really) feel free to convo me and I'll look into it when I get a chance :)

I've spent the better part of the past two days working on ways to make the site more difficult for scammers, as well as an educational guide for members. Hoping to release these changes soon :s0155:
I kinda like your initial idea. They have to engage a certain amount OR become a paying supporter before they can post in classified? Or even just like a 30 day wait period? But the way around it would be to buy in as a supporting member? Would definitely weed out the scammers and probably generate a bit more revenue? Just an idea.

I don't support the idea of making someone post a specified number of messages before being able to use classifieds. Messages are way more important to me than classifieds. Don't want them diluted by worthless messages from people posting only to get access to classifieds.

I suggest instead that classifieds be open only to people who are supporting the site at something above the bronze level.

I was an admin at a very big, very fast moving computer hardware forum for almost two decades. We had a rule about a minimum number of posts before people could participate in the buy / sell forum. Worked very well; if a new guy was trying to 'spam' his way into the forum, it was pretty obvious and we'd take action before they got there. Different kind of people, sure. But it worked well for that forum, might be worth a try if scammers are starting to view these forums as a soft target..?? One guy's opinion.

Reputation here matters.
If someone has no feedback, I'm wary.
Doesn't make this impossible for new folks, just means you have to build trust. If someone has plenty of good feedback, I'll send them money and know it'll work out fine. If someone has no feedback, things need to sound right, and things must be face to face.
Reputation is as always a big part of everything in life, as a new member I hope to build a good reputation by selling some stuff. as of right now the stuff I listed the price is to high but I wasn't sure so I went high. I think i will list some more stuff this week and try to have a few transactions so I can build a positive reputation

I was recently scammed & the poster had more than 50 posts & even had 18 for his feedback score

A few points: Scarcity and panic always bring the opportunists and the thieves out. Caveat emptor always and everywhere. Due diligence is mandatory. Never spend more than you are willing to lose if it goes bad. Unbelievable prices are just that. The web is the thieves' greatest friend. Gullibility and credulity our worst enemy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top