JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Between 2/3 and 3/4 of the phone calls we get are Spam.
"Thank you for choosing Marriot...blahblah *click* is the most common.
Now I would rather sleep in my car that at a Marriot for no other reason than that.
I also love it when I hear some heavily accented voice say "My name is Steve (or some other Anglo name. Why not Guenther?)
I usually tell them what my dog thinks of their sister's charms and hang up.
We got a call claiming to be from some .gov entity. I called the # back several times over the next few days until they blocked my #.
I figure that I owe no courtesy or even civility to somebody who is trying to swindle me.

One thing to bear in mind is that they don't necessarily want to talk with a smart person. Having a super-convincing email is important in a fishing attack but not so much when you have to convince the person to send you a check or some phone cards.

What kind of dickcheesery is this???
I hope no one actually responded to this one.

Ex Finity.jpg

I recognized it as BS before I opened anything and banished it to my Junk Email Ignore Sender box (along with 100+ others just so far this year). The point is I don't fall for these, nor should anyone. But...

Sadly, for every 1,000 recipients who blow it off, there's some poor sap (probably elderly) who takes the bait, clicks on the link and provides whatever user name, account number and password the scammer demands. "Oh, it's Comcast! They're okay!"

Mrs. Teflon deals weekly with naive customers actively in the process of getting scammed. She warns them, but they lie to her face, saying they've actually met the third party, insisting he/she is legit. Too embarrassed to admit they've been hoodwinked. It's tragic.

I recognized it as BS before I opened anything and banished it to my Junk Email Ignore Sender box. The point is I don't fall for this, nor should anyone. But...

Sadly, for every 1,000 recipients who blow it off, there's some poor sap (probably elderly) who takes the bait, clicks on the link and provides whatever user name, account number and password the scammer demands. "Oh, it's Comcast! They're okay!"

Mrs. Teflon deals weekly with naive customers actively in the process of getting scammed. She warns them, but they lie to her face, saying they've actually met the third party, insisting he/she is legit. Too embarrassed to admit they've been hoodwinked. It's tragic.
Let's face it, for every thousand times anyone opens an email or a post, they click on something without thinking about it. It can happen to anyone. I watched a fishing email go through a company one time and IT knew exactly how many people clicked the link, because they were the ones who sent it out. Made for a hell of an 'awareness campaign'. They didn't report or admonish anyone who fell for it but they did show that even in a company full of software nerds, people are going to click where they shouldn't.

You'd be surprised at the people that come into Wifey's store purchasing gift card because the person on the phone told them to. They'll buy, whatever gift card, GOOGLE maybe? They buy 2-4 at $100.00/$200.00, or more. Then they go out to their car and give the numbers on the back of the card to the person on their phone. She get's to witness the looks on their faces when she tells them they've been scammed. Damned sad it is.:( If they come through when she's at the checkstand she questions them and stops them from buying. A times she actually has to say she won't sell them the cards. Some of these people go somewhere else and buy the cards! They don't believe her! It should be pretty obvious that NO ONE calls you on the phone and has you buy multiple gift cards and has you give them the numbers from your car. I tell ya', people are getting dumber and more gullible all the time.

You'd be surprised at the people that come into Wifey's store purchasing gift card because the person on the phone told them to. They'll buy, whatever gift card, GOOGLE maybe? They buy 2-4 at $100.00/$200.00, or more. Then they go out to their car and give the numbers on the back of the card to the person on their phone. She get's to witness the looks on their faces when she tells them they've been scammed. Damned sad it is.:( If they come through when she's at the checkstand she questions them and stops them from buying. A times she actually has to say she won't sell them the cards. Some of these people go somewhere else and buy the cards! They don't believe her! It should be pretty obvious that NO ONE calls you on the phone and has you buy multiple gift cards and has you give them the numbers from your car. I tell ya', people are getting dumber and more gullible all the time.
I know statistically that this happens a certain number of times but it must be just awful to watch it play out in front of you. I think I stopped my boss years ago from falling for a Nigerian Prince scam but I wasn't sure if he was seriously considering it. It seemed so at the time.

I know statistically that this happens a certain number of times but it must be just awful to watch it play out in front of you. I think I stopped my boss years ago from falling for a Nigerian Prince scam but I wasn't sure if he was seriously considering it. It seemed so at the time.
Wifey gave me the story I was trying to think of yesterday. This was a few years ago. A gal purchased something like $1,500.00 in three gift cards. She'd gone out to her car and given the numbers to the person on the phone. She realized she'd been scammed and come back into the store. She was hoping Wifey could cancel the transaction. Once those numbers are entered and the "enter" hit, it's a done deal.

She'll also have people buying gift cards, several maybe, up to $500.00 each, and they'll have their phone out and be looking at it, reading instructions from the scammer presumably. Wifey guesses that the person on the phone TELLS the "Scamee" not to be on their phone. When Wifey sees their phone out and them looking at it, she refuses to do the transaction.
I'll say it again, I don't think we need to worry about climate change. I think man kind is going to stoopid it's self to extinction!

Wifey gave me the story I was trying to think of yesterday. This was a few years ago. A gal purchased something like $1,500.00 in three gift cards. She'd gone out to her car and given the numbers to the person on the phone. She realized she'd been scammed and come back into the store. She was hoping Wifey could cancel the transaction. Once those numbers are entered and the "enter" hit, it's a done deal.

She'll also have people buying gift cards, several maybe, up to $500.00 each, and they'll have their phone out and be looking at it, reading instructions from the scammer presumably. Wifey guesses that the person on the phone TELLS the "Scamee" not to be on their phone. When Wifey sees their phone out and them looking at it, she refuses to do the transaction.
I'll say it again, I don't think we need to worry about climate change. I think man kind is going to stoopid it's self to extinction!
Please tell her to never stop doing that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top