JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice, but perhaps this actually had a chance when the Rs controlled both houses

This is how both parties work. When it is politically expensive to pass something, they say it isn't feasible right now, then when it really isn't feasible, they push the bill knowing it won't go anywhere and the party doesn't have to actually vote on it. Or they can push it to a vote knowing it won't pass and people will forget that it was ever a bill.

Then later they say "see, I tried, it was those darn [fill in opposing party name here]".

Both parties.

I like the bill, but I'd really prefer they put some effort into reciprocity and the HPA.

Personally I really want the HPA ten times more than reciprocity.

For my personal situation, the HPA would make a LOT more difference to me.

I rarely carry concealed, and if I did, for the next couple of years, it would be only in Orygun. When I retire I don't plan to do much travel east of the Mississippi. So the effect of reciprocity would not be much for me.

But if the HPA was ever signed into law, then I would go out and start buying suppressors left and right. I think a LOT of other people would too. For those that already have them, theirs would drop from the NFA roles.

84897d1497483532t-post-em-up-funny-anti-left-memes-pro-2a-memes-what-ever-else-image.jpg

^^^This - National Constitutional Carry, shouldn't even be a question, should just be. After all, isn't that what the Second Amendment guarantees???
Eh, yes but we have 50 sovereign states.

A hollow political gesture, @The Heretic nailed it.
Snowball's chance in hell. Same for the HPA and National Carry.
Because Hollyweird distorts the efficacy of firearms and how silent guns are when used with suppressors, people will remain scared of them.
Only malevolent people carry guns. :rolleyes:
If suppressors were commonplace, and more people were introduced to shooting while using suppressors, there would be a heckuva lot more gun owners and shooters in our country.

A hollow political gesture, @The Heretic nailed it.
Snowball's chance in hell. Same for the HPA and National Carry.
Because Hollyweird distorts the efficacy of firearms and how silent guns are when used with suppressors, people will remain scared of them.
Only malevolent people carry guns. :rolleyes:
If suppressors were commonplace, and more people were introduced to shooting while using suppressors, there would be a heckuva lot more gun owners and shooters in our country.
Need to go back to the era when parlor shooting was in vogue, with suppression... There was a day when Americans were truely free to enjoy their liberties, now they're regulated with permission. How sad past generations allowed this to happen... Didn't keep their governments in check... And we are replicating that... No more regulation! Period!!!

So what? My state's constitution is even more clear on the rtba's then the federal is and yet I still have to have a permission slip, and Olympia still keeps passing more and more restrictive b.s. "laws".

Don't get me wrong on this.

I'd like to see rights be clear across state lines but the more licensing we give to the federal government the easier it is for our rights to be taken away and stripped, NOT to mention more national databases.

I like @The Heretic would rather see the NFA items removed through legislation.

Not talking about a federal license to carry concealed, talking about repealing the "permission" process states have for providing such a license. Shouldn't need a license, we have the Second Amendment, at the Federal Level and just about every state as well...

Not talking about a federal license to carry concealed, talking about repealing the "permission" process states have for providing such a license. Shouldn't need a license, we have the Second Amendment, at the Federal Level and just about every state as well...
Ok.

I follow. That clarifies.

Thanks!

So, where can a Hawaiian buy a firearm now days? No states really 'border' theirs... I saw a Hawaii license plate today at a gun store.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top