JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I put wide skate board tape on my Shockwave grip. Love shooting the Mini's.
I buy the shells on line no problem. 12 Gauge ammo shotgun 1¾"
Had this green Crimson trace laser laying around. Stuck it on my Shockwave.
It holds 8 Mini's in the magazine.:D
View attachment 547375
I put one of these CDM gear for other shotguns on mine with a CT universal but I think I got from a member of another forum for 1/2 price. They're nice for hip shooting. I'm going to order some of the Challenger Buckshot mini shells. I hadn't looked in a year or so and they've come down in price and are actually available now.

The Rem Tac 14 w/arm brace makes for a nice user friendly setup.
Mesa tac14  .jpg

I like how compact the Shockwave and Tac-14 are, but the small size seems to me to be not much fun to shoot. I've never tried one though, maybe they're not that bad. If I were going to get one, I'd want a chance to go hands-on, not only for recoil/controlability, but also to see what a reasonable distance is to make a reliable shot.

Otherwise, I really like the bullpup idea if going compact.

They aren't fun to shoot, but they aren't the pain that some make them out to be.

Last weekend I bought a second Shockwave (I bought one last year that has a 'brace' on it). The Marinecote will be my home defense shotgun, the one I bought last weekend with the birds head hand grip will be my "beater" and used in my truck and my commute vehicle - as needed and whichever is more convenient for what I am doing.

So this morning I went to the back acreage to check on some burn piles, and took the 'new' Shockwave with some 00 and #4 buck in 2.75" shells (I should have taken it with me last night at 11PM checking on the piles). I shot it more or less "from the hip" (actually held it above my hip) into a pile. Not a problem. My 329 PD is significantly more unpleasant to shoot. It didn't have much rise (I held it tight and put my hand into the foregrip loop) and not objectionable recoil - I've shot worse. My 460V, which has about half the recoil of my 329PD, has more recoil (IMO) than the Shockwave. The Shockwave with the brace, when 'inadvertently' shouldered had less but significant recoil and is of course easier to aim - it is also 6" longer.

YMMV - but I don't mind shooting either one of them, and I think they will serve fine as a close range defensive shotgun.