JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had shotguns in the past, but lately, I'm itching for shorter barreled boomsticks! A deal came up on a Chinese clone I've had my eye on for a bit of time and I pulled the trigger.

So....

Anyone have one? DIY? Who did the work? Post up please. 19" barrel just seems dumb to me. Definitely interested in cutting back a bunch of unneeded barrel!

Something like this seems way more of a utility tool to me!

1582567920265.jpeg

Super neat-o. I haven't built one myself, but they are very common on an NFA forum I frequent at times. They look like a lot of fun and are a compact platform capable of sending a ton of lead down range fast. :D

I've been thinking about one of those too. IIRC there was a shop out of Florida that was doing conversions, I'll see if I can find the name. BRB

Super neat-o!

What make/model, are you going to use as the base gun?
Grabagun had SDS Imports Lynx (Chinese Saiga 12 clones) on sale for $350. So I said F it!

Had an actual Saiga back in the day. I ground out a few rivers and bolted on a few parts to convert it. Was totally a "Zombie" gun. I don't really want to go that route. I've gotten used to "appropriate" barrel lengths if you know what I mean. That and with 30 day turn arounds, I'll probably stamp it, then figure it out.

The last one!

A2799E8C-26AF-487D-89B3-7289016E242F.jpeg

I may try my hands at another DIY.

I like the look of this. I might be able to pull something off similar. Perhaps a bit shorter too. I don't really want to mess with the gas tube and relocating the gas ports. Might see if Tim has done any Saiga work too.

1582653014377.jpeg

Its been a while Ive done a few with 8-12" barrels. Theyre really not that difficult to get to run with full power ammo. The gas block comes off relatively easily and start at 3/32" ports in the 4 port guns. If it has 2 ports make it a 4 port. Then if it doesnt cycle fully go up the next size. You can go too far but the pressure release adjustable gas plugs take care of the excess.

Anything more than $1000 for the work is just highway robbery. The barrels are chome lined do its a pain to cut them for an internal choke but most do the outside like the factory does.

Thanks @wired

I'm gonna put in for the stamp as soon as I figure out what stock I want to run.

I don't truly want to spend a whole lot of money on it so I may just DIY most of it. Then get it Cerakoted afterwards.

I have a 12" Saiga 12 ga. Built by Tony at Tromix in OK. Folding Ace stock, pistol grip, HK sights, Galil style operating handle...Fantastic job. I do not think Tony does these currently.
With 10 rnd. mag and 00 buck, it delivers 90 projectiles in seconds!

My application has been approved. Just need to get it engraved and I'll start working on it. Will be ordering a die and guide from Carolina Shooters to thread the barrel after I cut it back. Should be a fun little project once I get going on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top