JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother is finally moving back to the nw from mass. He has a sbr in a trust. I am also in said trust. I need a ffl dealer who can help us get it to oregon. My bro is moving to wa which does not allow sbr,s so it is going to my house. Any leads will be appreciated. Thanx dave. [email protected]

If I read right there is a Trust. You are both on the trust. The gun is in the trust both of you are on.

If those are all correct then what is being transferred? If you are both on the same trust as the gun there is nothing to transfer.

If you are not both on the same trust I suggest you turn it back into a Title 1 firearm then filler for SBR again IF you want to keep it as an SBR. This will be cheeper. If you want to transfer an SBR from out of state there is a $200 fee from the Form 4 to the Form 3 (dealer), then another $200 to go from the Form 3 (dealer) to the new Form 4. Of course the FFL will want a fee also, and there is shipping costs. So close to $500 to transfer and SBR from out of state or you can build one for $200.......

Sorry I wasn't clear about what I need. I need a dealer who will accept guns sent to them from mass. A kriss vector. M4. And one more. I just want to be able to get them sent to or and be able to go pick them up

Sorry I wasn't clear about what I need. I need a dealer who will accept guns sent to them from mass. A kriss vector. M4. And one more. I just want to be able to get them sent to or and be able to go pick them up

Again this depends. You say "He has a sbr in a trust. I am also in said trust". To me that means you are both on the same trust so NO transfer is actually taking place meaning NO FFL is needed. There is no way to "transfer" something that is already yours.........

IF you are NOT on the same trust then you will need to find and FFL with an SOT, not just any old FFL to do the transfer. Again it will run at minimum $400/gun in transfer taxes plus whatever the SOT charges and shipping. We have a couple of those kind of FFL on this forum and I am sure will be long shortly to offer their contact information.

So are you, your brother and the guns all in the same trust?

So i used the wrong vernacular in my post title. It is not a transfer as i am on the trust also. Sooo i need a class 3 dealer that i can ship my 3 sbr,s to. Any help would be appreciated thanx dave.

It is "YOUR" gun in "YOUR" trust. Why not just ship it to yourself? It is perfectly legal, Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons | ATF

Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?
Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Again we have a few SOT's on this board and I am not sure why they have not spoke up. If you want to use a dealer you are free to do so but they are not free to use. Why pay someone to do something that is not needed? Then again I am not sure they would even receive them or how that would work since there is no transfer taking place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top