JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so im sure this has been asked before but i have never paid that close of attention to the topic. i am interested in a upper that a shop has thats 11 inch i think. so can i take my lower from another rifle that is a 16 incher and do the proper paper work with the atf and get the tax stamp from that lower. or do i need to buy a pistol lower or a lower that has never been made into a gun at all. thanks for any help with this. also if i built a pistol first can i change that into a sbr later after i get the tax stamp.

Yes.

If it were me, buy a stripped lower, assemble as pistol with the short upper you want, send in Form 1, wait, add stock. That way you can shoot it if you want, as well as have a "CYA" for a short upper ( you made a pistol ). Going the other route, it would be smarter to wait for the approved Form 1 before buying a short upper.

Take your existing lower, register it as an SBR with the BATF. Pay your $200, wait approx 6 months for paperwork to clear and have the lower engraved with your Trust info, Business or individual information. You can also buy a factory SBR and you won't have to do the engraving, but will still have to do the paperwork and wait approx 6 months. Or you can do the paperwork, wait for it to clear and have your barrel cut down.

That's the basics of it. Find a class 3 guy in your area and have him help you with the paperwork.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top