JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Currently in the process of my first SBR build in Albany Oregon. I was looking at the ATF site and checking out the necessary paperwork. I see you can upload the forms once filled out and do it electronically. My question is about the fingerprint card and ID photo. Are those uploadable also? Is it better to mail the package off?I have a scanner so it wouldn't be a problem for me to do it electronically. Also, does having a gun trust make this process easier? Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm not sure there's any way to electronically file now that 41P has gone into effect.

Edit; I've read that the ATF is looking at ways to enable uploading fingerprints. So maybe in a couple months, (or years realistically cause we are talking about the ATF), they will allow efiles again.

I'm not sure there's any way to electronically file now that 41P has gone into effect.

Edit; I've read that the ATF is looking at ways to enable uploading fingerprints. So maybe in a couple months, (or years realistically cause we are talking about the ATF), they will allow efiles again.
Of course....story of my life. Wait around long enough just for things to get more complicated.

Thanks

You cannot use the e file to file trust any more. You really cant use it for much of anything not dealer related any more. There will be no time difference filing a form 1 vs a form 4 .They will be clearing out the pre 41P backlog for a while. Then things should smooth out and the number of NFA applications will probably drop with the "easy" route gone.

Yep, e-file is not longer an option for regular citizens.
You cannot use the e file to file trust any more. You really cant use it for much of anything not dealer related any more. There will be no time difference filing a form 1 vs a form 4 .They will be clearing out the pre 41P backlog for a while. Then things should smooth out and the number of NFA applications will probably drop with the "easy" route gone.
You are probably right. I know I won't be sending in any forms for the foreseeable future. I sent in 3 just before 41P took affect.

I had a some Form 1s completed through eForms and one still pending. All the rest of the forms were ye olde paper. For all of its many quirks, eForms was pretty convenient, at least compared to hardcopies. On the main site, they mention F1s might be coming back for those of us with Trusts:

Due to the provisions of 41F the ATF Forms 1 and 5 are temporarily unavailable for submission through the eForms system. The forms were removed to allow ATF the opportunity to revise the forms and the workflows associated with the forms to incorporate the new requirements of 41F. While we do not have a specific date as to when the forms will be available again, we are working diligently to bring these forms back at a future point in time.
I'm not holding my breath, but at least it might happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top