JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am taking the jump into the NFA world soon, and to start I am planning on putting together a sbr ar 9mm and eventually suppressing it. I will be building it to accept 9mm glock mags via dedicated lower(lone wolf or ddles) so I can swap mags with my g19. I will also be purchasing a supressor to share between the two. So my question is this; what would you buy first, supressor or parts to assemble the ar(lower, etc)? I've got a about $1000 to spend at the moment and want to get the ball rolling.

It depends on whether or not you have other toys to put a suppressor on while you are saving up.

If you get a Liberty Mystic (Dan Dee Sales here on the forum) you can put it on just about everything, be greatly entertained while you are saving up. Works great even on .22 rifles, 5.56, .30 carbine, you name it. Close to $1k with $200 tax stamp.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/dan-dee-sales/70360-class-iii-dealer.html

Jack at Dan Dee made getting a Mystic an easy and fun experience. Can't say enough nice things about him or his crew.

Liberty itself is about as good as a company gets itself also - <broken link removed>

If you have $1,000 right now you should get the suppressor first. Get the suppressor purchased and paperwork underway, then save up another $350 real quick, buy a lower and send off the SBR paperwork. Then you can relax and spend the next 6 months slowly building the rifle.

That order is based solely on the amount of money you have available right now though...

Greg

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have been leaning towards the supressor first; now comes time to discuss which can to purchase. I only plan on using the can for 9mm and am really leaning towards the silencerco Osprey 9 due to lifetime warranty and unique design/shape. I have also strongly considered the Mystic, Evo 9, octane, etc. On a side note, once I purchase the lower for the sbr do I only have 6 months to complete the weapon? Thanks again for help guys.

As far as the ATF is concerned once you have the stamp and the receiver is engraved it's an SBR, regardless of the actual state of completion.

Sorry, can't help with which suppressor to buy. Biggest challenge there will be finding what you want in stock. You may have to drive a bit to get what you want.

Greg

Sounds good, thanks for your help. -Ed

As far as the ATF is concerned once you have the stamp and the receiver is engraved it's an SBR, regardless of the actual state of completion.

Sorry, can't help with which suppressor to buy. Biggest challenge there will be finding what you want in stock. You may have to drive a bit to get what you want.

Greg

Even though you are only interested in 9mm NOW I would go with the Osprey 45 vs the 9. Still quiet, but then you can use it on 45acp. Since you will probably never sell the suppressor you buy, it is all about flexibility also.

If you really believe you are only EVER going to want a 9mm PISTOL suppressor then the Osprey 9 is nice though; lots of piston options to fit just about any 9mm.

It depends on whether or not you have other toys to put a suppressor on while you are saving up.

If you get a Liberty Mystic (Dan Dee Sales here on the forum) you can put it on just about everything, be greatly entertained while you are saving up. Works great even on .22 rifles, 5.56, .30 carbine, you name it. Close to $1k with $200 tax stamp.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/dan-dee-sales/70360-class-iii-dealer.html

Jack at Dan Dee made getting a Mystic an easy and fun experience. Can't say enough nice things about him or his crew.

Liberty itself is about as good as a company gets itself also - <broken link removed>

Burt; did Dan Dee have to order the mystic, or does he stock it? How do you like it?

If you have $1,000 right now you should get the suppressor first. Get the suppressor purchased and paperwork underway, then save up another $350 real quick, buy a lower and send off the SBR paperwork. Then you can relax and spend the next 6 months slowly building the rifle.

That order is based solely on the amount of money you have available right now though...

Greg

These are my thoughts also, the lower receiver is just a piece of metal that costs very little $100-200 depending on which roll mark you want, billet or not. Then when you want to SBR it you get into engraving and tax stamp and more $$. But I am pretty sure you can keep it that way until you actually get around to building it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top