JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for opinions on lasers for a SBR. Not running nods. So I am simply looking for a visible laser that's good quality. Not interested in Amazon/Chinese/knock of cheap stuff but also not looking to drop 2k. Any thoughts or use experience is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Streamlight makes their TLR2 series, light laser combo in green. It would work for a rifle even if made for a pistol. I think that's above $200 but well below the dbal options.

Streamlight makes their TLR2 series, light laser combo in green. It would work for a rifle even if made for a pistol. I think that's above $200 but well below the dbal options.
I've had 3 streamlight products break on me so I steer clear of that brand.

EDIT: Oops. I just saw your comment above. I'm sure you'll find a laser that's to your liking, but I don't know much about all the brands out there. Best of luck.

I have one of the CT LINQ light/laser units on a CZ Scorpion, and it works well. I don't have the Bluetooth grip installed, but just turn the unit on & off with the pad on the back of it.

87F7F0F4-A688-4D3E-AAB1-E26285B5C6FA.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've had 3 streamlight products break on me so I steer clear of that brand.

Out of curiosity, what were the product models and how were they broken. They are my go to light. Several on carry rigs, a couple hand helds that I have had for more than a few years and ride in my jeans pocket daily.

Out of curiosity, what were the product models and how were they broken. They are my go to light. Several on carry rigs, a couple hand helds that I have had for more than a few years and ride in my jeans pocket daily.
I have had two TLR1s switches break. The plastic ones on the back. And I had their 1000 lumen HLX on my rifle and the pressure switch would stick or get stuck all the time. Not saying they're bad lights, just not dependable for me. I run x300s on pistols now. I will say streamlight has great customer service and sent me replacement parts at little to no charge to fix the items.

I have had two TLR1s switches break. The plastic ones on the back. And I had their 1000 lumen HLX on my rifle and the pressure switch would stick or get stuck all the time. Not saying they're bad lights, just not dependable for me. I run x300s on pistols now. I will say streamlight has great customer service and sent me replacement parts at little to no charge to fix the items.

Interesting, was it failure due to external forces, like being smacked on something and physically broke, or was it a failure of mechanisms internally that made them no longer function?

Interesting, was it failure due to external forces, like being smacked on something and physically broke, or was it a failure of mechanisms internally that made them no longer function?
External. The hinge on the back plate snapped both times after opening and closing g multiple times. And the switch on the hlx was $hit from the get go.

I've been leaning away from Streamlight as well lately. Their QC isn't what it used to be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top