JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey so I've been searching and trying to find info on SBR's in WA. I know I can't just buy a 10" upper and put it on my lower, but what if I bought a preban lower? does that make any difference? would I just have to find a lower made before 94? Do you have to get a tax stamp to own a preban firearm?

You're mixing NFA, the '94 assault weapons ban and WA law into one confused lump.

Short answer, WA does not allow SBRs or MGs per state law, you want a short AR, build a pistol.

If you lived in a state that allowed them, you would have to submit paperwork and pay a tax to the ATF.

You have to get a tax stamp no matter what, that's a federal thing, not a WA thing. Anyway... I didn't know you could get an SBR in WA at all regardless of when the lower was made.

If you want a pretty short and very handy rifle try a 14.5" pencil profile barrel with a pinned flash hider to make it the legal 16". The 1.5" BattleComp is a pretty sweet muzzle device on the market right now and most people that do 14.5" pinned barrels offer it as an option.

SBR is currently not legal in WA.

IF you had a registered SBR prior to 1994 you were grandfathered in. So there are some legal SBR's in WA. They are ONLY grandfathered in for the original owner (and I would assume a heir).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top