JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to build a .300 Blackout upper with a 10.5" barrel, eventually adding a suppressor stamp when I have the budget. I registered on the eForms site, but still getting my ducks in a row before I apply. I've read and watched numerous posts and video's and I kinda have a handle on things...but still feel like I'm chasing my tail at times.

I have a couple receivers and each is etched with "Cal. 5.56mm. As I understand things, I need to use the caliber/serial info etched on the lower when filing the form 1, but I'm uncertain how/where I describe it as a .300 Blackout in the application form. And...how do I determine overall length before assembling all the parts?

Also, I think I read somewhere here that once I receive my tax stamp, all I need to do is notify ATF in writing of any reconfiguration(s)??? Does that mean I just send a letter listing the other uppers I might use on that lower? Or would it be better to build a dedicated lower???

Thanks for any thoughts or considerations I've missed...

You can use the information on the lower receiver. Chances are as soon as you input the information on it, the drop down will already know the remaining information for that lower/gun.

Measure a rifle lower to upper mating point. Measure your upper to end of barrel minus muzzle device. Math does the rest.

No need to get any letter to put another upper on it later.

Not chasing your tail, it's a lot simpler than most make it out to be.

You can use the information on the lower receiver. Chances are as soon as you input the information on it, the drop down will already know the remaining information for that lower/gun.

Measure a rifle lower to upper mating point. Measure your upper to end of barrel minus muzzle device. Math does the rest.

No need to get any letter to put another upper on it later.

Not chasing your tail, it's a lot simpler than most make it out to be.
I think I just have a mental break/block when it comes to how all this works...filing with one serialized lower/caliber but using an unserialized upper in a different caliber...

Do you know if the eForm can be started, saved, then finished at a later time/date?

I think I just have a mental break/block when it comes to how all this works...filing with one serialized lower/caliber but using an unserialized upper in a different caliber...

Do you know if the eForm can be started, saved, then finished at a later time/date?
Yes. You can start and finish on different dates. It's not a lengthy process. I am able to do one in about 5 minutes so as long as the website allows it.

It's good to have certain information ready. OAL, barrel length, the receiver on hand for its information. Your chief law enforcers information. A selfie of yourself on your device, shoulder shot with plain background like a white wall.

If you already have finger print cards you can have those standing by and print the cover sheet immediately after paying and send it off with the cards minutes after. Make a paper plane out of the CLEO copy and throw it out the window in the direction of their office.

Sit back, crack open a beer and wait for the fedboys to grant you permission.

Also, I think I read somewhere here that once I receive my tax stamp, all I need to do is notify ATF in writing of any reconfiguration(s)??? Does that mean I just send a letter listing the other uppers I might use on that lower? Or would it be better to build a dedicated lower???

Thanks for any thoughts or considerations I've missed...
You do not need to do any of that. You can change the caliber and configuration at will no need to notify the ATF.

ALSO... it is only a NFA item, subject to NFA laws, when in a NFA configuration. Meaning once it's a SBR, you can slap a 16" upper on it and go anywhere you want. It's no longer a SBR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top