JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When (notifying) sending form 1 papers to CLEO (Sheriff) Washington county. Do I just address it to the actual Sheriff and their main headquarters and just mail? Guess I could call them and ask?
Yes, that is all it takes. Once you drop it in the mail box, you have met your obligation and need not worry about it any further.

-E-

So I noticed when you get the email back from the ATF on the form 1 it has at the bottom 3 pages that say ATF copy in red and 6 pages that say CLEO copy in red at bottom. I was about to just send them all to the CLEO. I noticed the ATF pages has the one with your picture. Does this even matter? I haven't done a SBR since 2015 e-file. And I just don't want to mess up, because we already have to wait long enough!

Thanks everybody that's has posted to my questions.

So I noticed when you get the email back from the ATF on the form 1 it has at the bottom 3 pages that say ATF copy in red and 6 pages that say CLEO copy in red at bottom. I was about to just send them all to the CLEO. I noticed the ATF pages has the one with your picture. Does this even matter? I haven't done a SBR since 2015 e-file. And I just don't want to mess up, because we already have to wait long enough!

Thanks everybody that's has posted to my questions.
No photo required for the sheriff. I e-filed Form 1 a couple weeks ago. I have the CLEO portion printed out and I'll hand deliver mine in the somewhat near future. I may even walk into the CHL office with my Cleo copies and play stupid and see if I can bump up my Nov. renewal appointment. :D

No photo required for the sheriff. I e-filed Form 1 a couple weeks ago. I have the CLEO portion printed out and I'll hand deliver mine in the somewhat near future. I may even walk into the CHL office with my Cleo copies and play stupid and see if I can bump up my Nov. renewal appointment. :D
Yeah I get that. No rush on CLEO, I just want to get mine over with because I work nights and it's a pain in the butt for me to get things done. So I just wanted to drop everything in the mail tonight.

Another question I was looking up is with the engraving. In the past I did a trust so I engraved that. But filling as an individual I guess you just engrave your name and city and state? Other markings are already on SBR (lower). Correct?

Last Edited:
Another question I was looking up is with the engraving. In the past I did a trust so I engraved that. But filling as an individual I guess you just engrave your name and city and state? Other markings are already on SBR. Correct?
I need to do a little more reading up on that detail. I was told you don't need to engrave it unless you sell it or let somebody on your trust use it. Again I'm not 100 on that therefore I'm still going to delve deeper.

I need to do a little more reading up on that detail. I was told you don't need to engrave it unless you sell it or let somebody on your trust use it. Again I'm not 100 on that therefore I'm still going to delve deeper.
You definitely need to engrave it as soon as approved or you take it out at least. And with a trust you do the trust name and city and state. That I'm sure of but I have never done a individual no trust till now.

Just a tid bit I picked up on but I'm not settling yet. Do You Need to Engrave Your Form 1'ed SBR?
I get where the article is coming from. But if you ask the ATF something you may get a different answer at a different time with a different agent. I would go by what they have put in writing. It's one of those CYA things. I personally just don't want any hassle or legal problems so I just do what is posted. I dont like it but I also look at things like at least we can have such items now so get on it.

He's wrong. Like 100% completely wrong kind of wrong.
The guy in that video didn't even touch or mention my scenario. I'm just getting rid of the pistol brace and replacing it with a stock. Under ATF language I'm not the manufacturer, I fall under the title of Maker. With extensive reading I'm still not quite convinced that I'm even a maker, as the manufacturer of the gun has already engraved the required information on the receiver. The guy maybe 100% wrong, but that's why I mentioned above that I'm not settling while I delve deeper into the legal stuff. I paused for a moment before linking in that video and thought about adding a disclaimer. I'm just going to go back and remove it.

Last Edited:
The guy in that video didn't even touch or mention my scenario. I'm just getting rid of the pistol brace and replacing it with a stock. Under ATF language I'm not the manufacturer, I fall under the title of Maker. With extensive reading I'm still not quite convinced that I'm even a maker, as the manufacturer of the gun has already engraved the required information on the receiver. The guy maybe 100% wrong, but thats why I mentioned above the I'm not settling and delving deeper into the legal stuff. I paused for a moment before linking in that video and thought about adding a disclaimer. I'm just going to go back and remove it.
Forghorn is an idiot. Dont listen to idiots handing out legal advice. Read the instructions on the form 1 . They will tell you that...

a. The manufacturer manufactured the pistol. You are the maker of the SBR.

and

b. You need to engrave YOUR makers marks. name, city, state.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top