JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just wondering what other people's thoughts were on SBR 'ing a Romanian Draco-C. It has the under folder trunnion and a lot of them weren't produced.

download.jpeg.jpg

I was just wondering what other people's thoughts were on SBR 'ing a Romanian Draco-C. It has the under folder trunnion and a lot of them weren't produced.

View attachment 1345642
I have a Draco and a Draco-C

I SBR'd the Draco. It had an under-folder rear trunion and I tried to drill and tap it to bolt on a Galil style side-folder. It had some random amazingly super-hard areas in the steel and I wound up breaking off my tap in one of the drilled out holes. I wound up grinding down the rivets and popping that trunion out and putting in a new one from AK builder.

My Draco-C that I'm leaving OG.
C5E2DC2B-7F32-4C96-AC07-C746D7495FAB.jpeg

My Draco that I SBR'd.
0A0E357D-F3F4-4CBB-A598-308FEA327AE2.jpeg

I have a Draco and a Draco-C

I SBR'd the Draco. It had an under-folder rear trunion and I tried to drill and tap it to bolt on a Galil style side-folder. It had some random amazingly super-hard areas in the steel and I wound up breaking off my tap in one of the drilled out holes. I wound up grinding down the rivets and popping that trunion out and putting in a new one from AK builder.

My Draco-C that I'm leaving OG.

My Draco that I SBR'd.

So, keep the Draco-C and buy another pistol to SBR? I've thought about that a lot

I'd SBR it. I owned a Zastava and I wanted to. Never did. Should have. Oh well.

Don't make that same mistake.

SBR it. The Draco-c was meant for it, and it's just a novelty and discomfort to shoot without a stock.

Just like the ZPAP 85/92s, because it has the correct trunnion, you just need to send to a competent AK builder to have it drilled and stock installed. Easy peezy.

I had a similar thing done to my regular Draco with a Romy sidefolder.

1673892030982.png

I've seen a few how-to videos on SBR'ing the Draco-C. Seems easy enough to do on my own. I'm at 90% towards SBR but now I kind of want to wait and see what's going on with the courts and some new legislation. I don't want to form-1 register it then have it confiscated.

I'm pretty sure I read that before and saved the info you provided! I'm going to go with the milled Romanian underfolder with wood palmswell handguards. Keeping close to the md 65 for the year I have, I think it's 1968. I'm also going to get one of those aimpoint mounts that replace the rear leaf Sight. Right after I sell my FAB Defense picatinny dust rail, handguard, and magazine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top