JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone got one?

Looking for ideas.

Surprisingly, I don't have a bolt action 22 right now!

Debating getting another, debating if it should be shortened and suppressed...

Post up if you have a dedicated 22 rifle SBR!

Thanks!

Reno

I like the idea of a wooden or laminated stock bored out to house the suppressor. So the barrel would be pretty short. 4-8" type thing. I'm super curious if anyone else has done one up.

Digging the thought of this.
1614298233339.jpeg
But with this barrel...
1614298275767.jpeg
Reached out to TacSol, and they are so behind making guns, no plans for a shorter barrel run on the horizon if ever again....

This is the closest I could find online to what my brain is constructing. Be even cooler if the suppressor just barely stuck out or not at all. No giant scope either.

1614299995985.jpeg

I like the idea of a wooden or laminated stock bored out to house the suppressor. So the barrel would be pretty short. 4-8" type thing. I'm super curious if anyone else has done one up.

View attachment 832974
But with this barrel...
View attachment 832975
Reached out to TacSol, and they are so behind making guns, no plans for a shorter barrel run on the horizon if ever again....
That is the setup to roll right there.
You are on the right track.

I haven't done it with a .22 yet, but have done it on a 5.56 Savage Bolty! 11.5 inch 1/8 twist barrel with 7 inch suppressor, and reflex sight! Pretty slick, but a little on the heavy side! Does take AR pattern mags, and the 20 rounders are a perfect match up!
I would likely go with ether the Savage MK-II, or the Ruger 77/22 for a .22 SBR, and lean heavy toward the Savage mainly on price!

So , theoretically, chop this down inside stock , thread bbl, open up channel if needed?
I might if I started stamping stuff.
1 stamp for rifle, waiting for approval before chopping.
1 stamp for the can.
$400 on a $125 rifle, $50/$80 red dot, however much the chop and threading runs . Cost of can also . 20210301_210617.jpg 20210301_210609.jpg

View attachment 832974
But with this barrel...
View attachment 832975
Maybe if you had a similar gun to the second pick (but bolt action,and need not be a takedown version) with a folding stock/brace it would be even smaller than that and no need to take it down.

I always liked the idea of the little military M-4 survival rifle, but in a different caliber, and/or, the ability to change calibers quick and easy!
Something that could go from .22 LR to 5.56 and then .300 B.O. would be the shiznit! An intrepid person could make a bolt face swap like Savage does to go between the .22 and the 5.56/.300 and a barrel insert would be super easy just like they do with the single shot break barrel rifles/shotguns!

I always liked the idea of the little military M-4 survival rifle, but in a different caliber, and/or, the ability to change calibers quick and easy!
Something that could go from .22 LR to 5.56 and then .300 B.O. would be the shiznit! An intrepid person could make a bolt face swap like Savage does to go between the .22 and the 5.56/.300 and a barrel insert would be super easy just like they do with the single shot break barrel rifles/shotguns!

I think you were getting at having everything in a small package so you could take all options into the field with you. Unless you go with the ciener kit that seems like a lot of parts and effort. I went with the easy button and just grabbed a CMMG Banshee 4.5" complete upper to go on my SBR lower. I suppose you could also get uppers for 300BO and 5.56 to swap on to the same lower. Could also go the pistol brace route. To me, swapping complete uppers seems like the best and easiest route.

Re folding stock, If u can bolt a small piece of pic rail onto the back, you can put a folding stock/brace on almost anything. For example the s&w 15-22 (old version). If you could find a bolt action gun similar to this and put a folder on it it would be tiny. 76A3922D-24D4-44CA-81CA-B8E4B730AF04.jpg

Might have found my host. This guy. Cut some 12" off, inlet the stock so the can sits in it. RMR type red dot.

1621176172557.jpeg

@Reno looks nice. You going to keep it in that stock or put it in a chassis? What will your final barrel length be? What can are you going with?

I ordered a T1x last week for my 22lr SBR bolt gun build. Dropping it into a chassis and will cut the barrel back to 4.5" to run the cheap stuff at subsonic speeds. Haven't decided on an optic yet but thinking red dot or LPVO. Red dot is my front runner but I am not sure which one yet. Will probably run a Trijicon MRO initially and for from there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top