JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am getting ready to purchase a stamp to but a sbr upper. I have a AR right now but it is stamped with 556 cal. If i was to sbr this rifle could I use different calibers with a specific registered caliber lower as and SBR? Or do i need to buy a multi cal registered lower and SBR that one? I am trying to buy once and cry once for this route.
Next ? is about the trust changes what do they mean by "changes"? I have a trust from a year ago so what do i worry about?

Your trust from a year ago should work fine. The 'changes' are how the ATF will handle applications involving trusts after they change the rules for such things, but it shouldn't affect how the trusts are written or if a certain trust is valid.

I don't know about your other question. I've been told that once you have a registered lower you can do pretty much whatever you want regarding caliber and barrel length. I've also been told that you can't go shorter than the registered barrel length. Not sure which to believe.

I have heard that the ATF will not approve any form with "multi" as the caliber. I've heard that one enough to believe it though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

The ATF only "requests" a changed form if the change you make to your NFA item is permanent. They say it is so they can keep their files up to date. An SBR is an SBR no matter the caliber or length.........

Your trust from a year ago should work fine. The 'changes' are how the ATF will handle applications involving trusts after they change the rules for such things, but it shouldn't affect how the trusts are written or if a certain trust is valid.

I don't know about your other question. I've been told that once you have a registered lower you can do pretty much whatever you want regarding caliber and barrel length. I've also been told that you can't go shorter than the registered barrel length. Not sure which to believe.

I have heard that the ATF will not approve any form with "multi" as the caliber. I've heard that one enough to believe it though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you for you info

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews