JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The SBA3 brace is pretty fantastic, so I figured I should do a build with one. Well I haven't shot it, but so far it is fantastic. Anyway it's a 9.5" BA barrel in .300 blk, BCM MCMR 9" hand guard, short ASR brake, and a vx freedom 1.5-4 scope. Hopefully next week I can get out and shoot it, I'll figure out then if I want to keep the scope on it or go with a dot.

20181101_221446.jpg

Great looking pistol! I had no idea there was a shorty asr brake!
Now I want one for Scarlett(my 300 BO 8.3 postol)! I bought an SB3 from a member here a few days ago, and it's in the mail on its way(or it should be anyway) I can't wait to try it out. I wonder which is better.. SB3 or Gear Head Works Tailhook mod 2? I'll find out soon enough I guess. I have, or have had just about every other brace out there, and so far I like the Tailhook best, but the SB3 might be a real contender! First one I've seen with sling attachments on it... that's a big bonus.

Is there still enough room to get the supressor on to that ASR? Looks pretty tight! I had to go with the MCMR 7 on mine because the 8 was too long to allow the supressor.
E4C06F59-5AE4-40F1-9563-9AF909B46594.jpeg

Last Edited:
Now I want one for Scarlett(my 300 BO 8.3 postol)! I bought an SB3 from a member here a few days ago, and it's in the mail on its way(or it should be anyway) I can't wait to try it out. I wonder which is better.. SB3 or Gear Head Works Tailhook mod 2? I'll find out soon enough I guess. I have, or have had just about every other brace out there, and so far I like the Tailhook best, but the SB3 might be a real contender! First one I've seen with sling attachments on it... that's a big bonus.

Is there still enough room to get the supressor on to that ASR? Looks pretty tight! I had to go with the MCMR 7 on mine because the 8 was too long to allow the supressor.
View attachment 517691

I bet you'll love the SBA3, it's an excellent brace, and I love the QD attachment points as well.

To use a can I'll have to change the hand guard, I dont have one yet, I just had that hand guard already. I just like the short ASR brake, it doesnt add much to the length and it does a good enough job.

That short ASR will be just the ticket.. I want to keep it as short as possible because she just barely fits in my go bag. I've been direct threading the can on, but all my other ARs have ASRs. I have to keep changing out direct thread for ASR to put the can on and it's a pain.
And I like the way it looks.
I'm officially in the market for a shorty 5/8.. :D

I bought a PSA upper and lower in 9 MM for 'The One Who Commands' it had a KAK brace on the lower, but I bought a SBA3 from Brownell's for $99 and slipped it on, it has a Holosun 510C that she is partial to. She just told me it is missing Iron Sights so I will put a set of Aero's on it after this post.

Okay the hard part was finding the correct tool....I got to clean up and re-organize

Last Edited:
I bought a PSA upper and lower in 9 MM for 'The One Who Commands' it had a KAK brace on the lower, but I bought a SBA3 from Brownell's for $99 and slipped it on, it has a Holosun 510C that she is partial to. She just told me it is missing Iron Sights so I will put a set of Aero's on it after this post.

Okay the hard part was finding the correct tool....I got to clean up and re-organize

Gotta post some pics :D

View attachment 517691

Did you get the brace yet? I'm not going to use anything else for a pistol. I'm actually looking for a deal on another one for a 10.5" 5.56 build I want to do.

Nice looking pistols! I have the Maxim CQB pistol brace on my main AR pistol. I like it, but want to pick up an SBA3 to try.

Botach tactical has them for $105 right now (add to cart for discount to apply) but only in black. I want an FDE though, so it looks like it'll cost me a few more bucks for one of those. I might see what black Friday holds.

Palmetto has those with completed lowers for 209.99 with basic grip or 219.99 with magpul grip. They are very "in" right now. If we were in the fashion industry the SBA3 would be the new fall must have item lol.

sba3 is awesome and wins in the brace market. ..mainly and especially since it uses a normal milspec buffer tube!!!!
its literally a stock with a velcro strap...not that I use it like a stock:D

Well, changed things around some. I wanted to be able to run a can on any 300 I have, so I will opt for a different rail/barrel. I have rebuilt this into a 10.3 5.56 faux mk18 build. I also did not like the leupold on a pistol so it now wears a vortex UH-1 holosight, which is fantastic.

20190211_200312.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top