JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will not comply.............My sweet wife and I just sat down last night and put it on paper......our pro's and con's for leaving this state. Montana or Idaho are the clear favorites for our lifestyle and values.

I will not comply.............My sweet wife and I just sat down last night and put it on paper......our pro's and con's for leaving this state. Montana or Idaho are the clear favorites for our lifestyle and values.
Something I am also considering....and not just because of SB941. This state is rapidly
going down the toilet.

Too bad it's gone that far so quickly. This used to be the place to escape to, from the lunacy of Kalifornia and the Northeastern seaboard. Those of us who were here then will remember a Governor by the name of Tom McCall. While not a specific champion of gun owner rights (it wasn't really an issue back then, just the occasional loon like Gretchen Kafoury, running around spouting anti-gun philosophy), Tom though, did carry the standard against uncontrolled growth and development in Oregon. It was this growth in later years that brought the pestilence that we now suffer from. With growth comes those accustomed to living with oppressive regimes and controls and then eventually the pandering politician comes, ready to peddle it to them here.

Problem is, sooner or later there won't be any place left to go.... to escape the plague. I remember an old fisherman who would never share the location of his favorite hole. "Why would I tell you , you'd just bring your cousin and Aunt Fanny. I still have some fishing to do". I'm glad I'm getting old :(

Politics runs our lives and we all should be heavily involved in the process. SB941 came into being because people won't get off their dead butts and fight for our rights. Ya'll can run to another state but the politics will catch up to you.

When it takes effect..

The responsible young gun owner who has their rifle stored at a buddy's house to keep it secured because they rent a room in a house can no longer do that.

They then must store it (unsecured- because they don't own a safe or have anywhere to PUT a safe) at their own residence and risk it being stolen because it's not secure....

Now how stupid is that. True story by the way.

Do what you want; no one is going to track you or catch you.

Want to hand your best friend from work your new deer rifle to look at? Go ahead. Want to hand your new pistol to your girlfriend to try at the range? Have at it. Want to sell your antique 1911 to your brother in law who has his CHL and wants to buy it? Go for it.

I will not comply.

Politics runs our lives and we all should be heavily involved in the process. SB941 came into being because people won't get off their dead butts and fight for our rights. Ya'll can run to another state but the politics will catch up to you.

I got off my butt and fought plenty of times over the past months. I wrote letters, sent emails and made calls too! Attended several protests at the Kapital too!!......What yall don't see is that we (responsible gun owners) are a very small minority in this bastion of Liberalism that is Western Oregon. Lots of good honest conservative folks in Eastern Oregon (I lived there for 38 yrs) but not enough population to overthrow the libtards in Portland/Salem/Eugene!!.......I will be "running to another state" but I promise you that there will be no such bull--it laws being passed in Montana in the near future. I will be meeting my maker long before that happens. I have heard they have a saying about the work in the Bakken oil fields "the weather keeps the riff-raff out"........it applies in Montana too;)

SB941 came into being because people won't get off their dead butts and fight for our rights.

I disagree. Plenty of people took action. But we now have politicians that do not care what the public wants.
The hearings were a sham. They had already made up their mind. Their only concern is pushing a liberal agenda.

I disagree. Plenty of people took action. But we now have politicians that do not care what the public wants.
The hearings were a sham. They had already made up their mind. Their only concern is pushing a liberal agenda.[/I]

I wish I could go into a "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" and rant about how our political system is intact and all that we have to do is work hard within that system, but I can't because you are right, it is hopelessly corrupted. Those in control, be they in City Hall, Salem, or Washington DC are only interested in fulfilling their own political agendas. If you don't agree with that agenda, you are irrelevant and need to just go away and die someplace* to make room for the new proletariat. (* see health care reform death panel)
The concept of representative government has been destroyed by those who have been inserted into office. Just take a look at our current "Governor" who was placed into state office with pocket money from George Soro's "Secretary of State" project.(2)
As for me, as of August 8, 2015, I will have disposed of all my firearms (1) save for the one I use for carry, which is responsibly registered with the Federal government. When the day comes, I will dutifully surrender that firearm to my government masters as an obedient member of the new order.

(1) Not buried in Joey Links backyard.

(2) <broken link removed>

(2) http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=5472

Last Edited:
The hearings were a sham. They had already made up their mind. Their only concern is pushing a liberal agenda.
I AGREE a lot of people responded to Salem. But it's the one who do not pay attention to what's going on that I referred as "dead butts". Being in eastern Oregon we can only do so much from here. Definitely makes me mad

Basically our state is corrupt because corrupt people are voted into office. People just didn't want to hear political talk so they turned their backs on the system and let the criminals take over. Political talk is just too offensive and people here leave because you offend them with it so basically it's not allowed. How is that working out for us?:D

Last Edited:
Hope you stay long enough to add your Votes to the pile on getting KB out of the Governors office before you go!
But yeah, even my politically neutral on most issues wife is getting sick of all of the extreme left wackiness.
Too bad because it's such a beautiful State:(
She vetoed Idaho so we are looking at the South Eastern States like TN., KY.,SC., Northern GA. or maybe NC.

Problem I'm finding with these States is not a lot of public lands to shoot on, at least from what you read on the net and I hate ranges!

Oregon has a few advantages left, if only the Politics would moderate a bit.

My dream is for Oregonians to wake up and throw the progressives out, that way we could live anywhere in the state without their BS.:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top