Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SB941 Gov. Brown Press Release May 11th 2015

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Pittsmaster, May 11, 2015.

1. Pittsmaster

Pittsmaster Oregon City Life Member NRA, Former USMC, MBA, GOP, W7RWP Silver Supporter

2. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

here is a copy/paste of an email I got today from Sen. Doug Whitsett....

According to this press release that was sent out earlier today, Governor Kate Brown plans to sign Senate Bill 941, the gun background check bill, into law this afternoon. You can call her office at 503-378-4582 to let her know how you feel about this.

3. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

phone the Governor, as if she'll do anything other than sign the bill faster. She's probably having an orgasm right now as this will be the crowning achievement of her tenure as Governor. Been nice dealing with you.

4. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Called and left a message that will vote against her and I am organizing a boycott of the state. She will sign it no matter how many call but feels good to let her know anyway.

Boycott oregon

Caveman Jim and Gator Monroe like this.
  5. Pittsmaster

Pittsmaster Oregon City Life Member NRA, Former USMC, MBA, GOP, W7RWP Silver Supporter

Hypothetical here: what if we had unlimited funds to combat the gun grabbers? Would that be enough to bring Oregon around from blue to red?

6. Qaolin

Unlimited $ always helps. I'd rather go purple than either blue or red.

djm68 and daoism like this.
  7. Pittsmaster

I want to know why GOV brown doesn't have an email address like the rest of the gov officials!

8. Just Jim

It's obviously that she doesn't want people to read them in the future. Corruption is like that.

stascom and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Tyrants generally don't want contact. They don't feel they need to answer to their "subjects" ....... pha........art... (that was gas) :/\/

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why would you rather go purple?

11. Qaolin

Because all one or all the other is tyranny. I'd rather go for a balance of terror approach.

12. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

here is another one!!

Hello Friends,

Today Governor Brown is expected to receive Bill 941 to sign into law. I urge you to contact her office today and tell her not to sign the bill. As I've stated in previous newsletters, this bill will impact every gun owner in the state. It will make criminals out of law abiding citizens, while having no impact on criminals who don't follow the laws currently on the books.

You can reach Governor Kate Brown's office at (503) 378-4582. Please call today and ask her to stop this bill from passage.

Yours truly,

haydensignature_crop.jpg

Representative Cedric Hayden
    House District 7

email: Rep.CedricHayden@state.or.us I phone: 503-986-1407
    address: 900 Court St NE, H-379, Salem, OR 97301

Caveman Jim likes this.
  13. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

An absolute disgrace to this entire country

stascom and U201491 like this.
  14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

She will do the deed around 2 to 2:30 today :(

15. Just Jim

Called this guy and let him know we are forming a boycott of Oregon. Nice people to talk to and I hope the boycott information helps in the fight.

16. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

“The Oregon Firearms Safety Act is an important step forward in the effort to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and others whom the law has determined should not have them,” said Governor Brown.

Ok does everyone who cares about the 2nd Amendment believe the Democrats of this State don't have more plans to restrict our Rights? Nearly everyone of them has said SB941 is a STEP. They all admit it, this is just a step towards more. They have got a game plan and you know it!

We need to get them out of the majority, we all know what step(s) are next. Registration, mandatory safes, ammunition restrictions, magazine capacity of 10 or is it 5 or even 2, no pistol grips, no adjustable stocks, bullet Button mag releases or even semi-fixed mags and ultimately semi-auto bans.
    This is not conspiracy, this stuff already exists in other States!

Our first step? Recalls, support them in any way you can. Then working to make sure our unelected Governor Kate Brown never gets elected.

17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

18. Just Jim

What ever you say, finish it with boycott oregon. It's the most power we have.

19. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A sad day for Oregon, for freedom and liberty. "Common Sense" has once again been hijacked by the wrong people and turned into a tool that is doing exactly what the original "Common Sense" fought against. How ironic that the original "Common Sense" became the impetus for the rebellion against a King, and now, today, the Queen of Oregon will use it against her subjects.

20. Just Jim

Called both state reps to inform them of boycott. Come help me with this fight.

BOYCOTT OREGON!!!!