JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Time to write our State Senators again:

Boquist/Burdick Gun Grab Scheduled For Vote

SB719A is a thinly veiled attempt at establishing laws allowing confiscation of firearms using the "American Veteran" as motivational fodder. You could be subject to lose our firearms if you've bought one in the last 180 days. All that would need to happen is for some person to complain they are in fear of of you, essentially.

Oregon SB719 | 2017 | Regular Session

This is another Floyd Prozanski gut and stuff bill, poorly written, vague, and trampling on several of our Civil Rights.

Already wrote Chuck "the Bloomberg Stooge" Riley... That'll fall on deaf ears...

Also wrote Peter Courtney, the senate president, requesting that he review this bill, and encouraged him to remove it from a senate vote, as it's clearly a gun grabbing bill with no provisions for help
Or protection...

There'll be another round tomorrow and again on Monday... They need to know we Oregonians want current laws enforced and criminals penalized...

Keep the pressure up....

I wrote my Senator here in the Portland area using a slightly modified version of the OFF's email.

The response I received was terse and unhelpful:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, gun violence continues to be a problem in Oregon and the United States. Senate Bill 719 A seeks to address that problem by taking important steps to protect Oregonians in imminent risk. Senator Taylor supports gun safety legislation and will be voting in support of SB 719 A. Nevertheless, we appreciate your email and hearing from constituents on all issues in front of the legislature.

Sincerely,

Legislative Assistant to
Senator Kathleen Taylor
Senate District 21

The response is silly, nigh absurd, because gun violence in Oregon, and the US, has been on the decline for several decades now. Roughly 80% of gun deaths in Oregon last year were suicides, which this legislation does not address.

I'm so glad to know my senator doesn't give a bubblegum about my opinion, or about facts, and just wants to push an agenda.

I'm so glad to know my senator doesn't give a bubblegum about my opinion, or about facts, and just wants to push an agenda.

First, at least you received a response. Those who represent me, never, ever, ever respond... But that's what happens when their legislative seat is purchased by Michael Bloomberg...

Second, welcome to the cold reality of the fascist legislature of Oregon. Until there is at least a balance between the parties, those who are in majority will do as they please, unchecked and unaccountable...

Sorry, bit cranky today...

What's a matter? you just come down from outer space?? ;) Last time I wrote them all I got responses from the republicans but none from the Ds. The democrats did keep my email though and send me notices of town halls and such from time to time.

What's a matter? you just come down from outer space?? ;)

No, I became fed up with their garbage. It's been a long time since I've reached out to a politician about anything, and it seems like nothing has changed.

Democrats, Republicans. Both parties have their own huge problems and I'm really a fan of any of 'em. The one thing that both parties seem to agree on is they really like to send you emails requesting more money.

First, at least you received a response. Those who represent me, never, ever, ever respond...

Actually, I'd prefer it if mine didn't respond. Every time I get another canned democrat response letter...my doctor up's my blood pressure med's....:s0054:

Kind of like trying to get a pedophile interested in an over fifty dating website.

I wrote my Senator here in the Portland area using a slightly modified version of the OFF's email.

The response I received was terse and unhelpful:

The response is silly, nigh absurd, because gun violence in Oregon, and the US, has been on the decline for several decades now. Roughly 80% of gun deaths in Oregon last year were suicides, which this legislation does not address.

You and I are in the same district. Every time I email her that's what I get, word for word. I reply with a rebuttle, and don't get so much as a hint of a response back. I've never been able to schedule a sit down with her. She doesn't care about our kind.

You and I are in the same district. Every time I email her that's what I get, word for word. I reply with a rebuttle, and don't get so much as a hint of a response back. I've never been able to schedule a sit down with her. She doesn't care about our kind.

Oh, my. Well, that is frustrating. Fool me once... Thanks for the heads up. It really was just boilerplate her assistant sent me.
What can we do but vote against them? (Not like it will matter in Portland.)

Interestingly enough, she's also charged with representing Milwaukie, which I'd imagine to be demographically much more pro-gun than the SE Portland area.

Whatever. They think they're untouchable, and as such have no reason to listen to us. :(

she's also charged with representing Milwaukie, which I'd imagine to be demographically much more pro-gun than the SE Portland area.

Not necessarily. Many PDX'ers have moved south to places like Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Gladstone, West Linn, Oregon City. More and more, those areas, once solidly pro-gun are falling to the new anti-gun class of voters that can't afford a home in PDX proper, but want to still be nearby. Where I am in northern Clackamas County, it's rapidly going from conservative to liberal, from pro-gun to anti-gun. The Portland/Multnomah county disease is spreading.

Not necessarily. Many PDX'ers have moved south to places like Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Gladstone, West Linn, Oregon City. More and more, those areas, once solidly pro-gun are falling to the new anti-gun class of voters that can't afford a home in PDX proper, but want to still be nearby. Where I am in northern Clackamas County, it's rapidly going from conservative to liberal, from pro-gun to anti-gun. The Portland/Multnomah county disease is spreading.
And spreading westward as well...

I can attest to this in Clackamas County. We sold our property no 242nd a couple years ago and moved to rural Eugene. At least we knew what we were getting into here.

Yay! yet again our rights get pissed on by anti's. Did they have a hearing for it this time that public could go to again( not that that matters).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top