JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SB554 has been amended to include the lock up bill and repeal of state preemption, and an emergency clause has been added. We can thank Fred Girod and the other five Republican traitors who gave the Democrats the ability to vote on this bill by NOT walking out.

So, in one bill you are now required to leave your CHL weapon at home if you are going anywhere near a school, the airport, the post office, the social security office, a university, and God only knows where else, to keep all of your firearms locked up or disabled whenever they are not on your person, and local entities, from cities and counties on down to presumably school districts, utility districts, and soil conservation districts, will be allowed to create a patchwork of unfathomable regulations about every aspect of firearm ownership, from concealed carry to purchasing, registration, licensing, mandatory liability insurance, gun free zones, etc.

The 2nd Amendment will effectively be repealed in Oregon.

All this spearheaded by that complete Democratic nut job, Ginny Burdick and her accomplices like Prozanski, Kotek, and Courtney. We are so completely screwed!
burdick.jpg

The good news is SB554 will have to go through the Senate again, this time with the emergency clause (can't be voted out by Oregonians).

We need to push the Republicans to completely walkout this time. The ones that stayed to vote only did so because it did not have the emergency clause - at least that was their excuse.

The lines are being drawn. Just about everyone I know is leaving this state, talking about leaving this state or already gone. These idiots want communism and to let antifa to run the show, bubblegum them they can have the ruined piece of bubblegum. It was a good run.

Last Edited:
The lines are being drawn. Just about everyone I know is leaving this state or talking about leaving this state. These idiot want communism and to let antifa to run the show, bubblegum them they can have the ruined piece of bubblegum. It was a good run.

I don't know what this state will do when all the hands that feed leave the state. I have 2 friends who already left the state and took their small businesses with them.

And how convenient everything is remote due to a supposed "covid scare". Stuff the bill, add the emergency clause and once again it's BOHICA.

Somehow, the criminals that have passed themselves off as democrat legislators need to be permanently removed from office. Oregon politics makes the mafia look like amateurs...

SB554 has been amended to include the lock up bill and repeal of state preemption, and an emergency clause has been added. We can thank Fred Girod and the other five Republican traitors who gave the Democrats the ability to vote on this bill by NOT walking out.

So, in one bill you are now required to leave your CHL weapon at home if you are going anywhere near a school, the airport, the post office, the social security office, a university, and God only knows where else, to keep all of your firearms locked up or disabled whenever they are not on your person, and local entities, from cities and counties on down to presumably school districts, utility districts, and soil conservation districts, will be allowed to create a patchwork of unfathomable regulations about every aspect of firearm ownership, from concealed carry to purchasing, registration, licensing, mandatory liability insurance, gun free zones, etc.

The 2nd Amendment will effectively be repealed in Oregon.

All this spearheaded by that complete Democratic nut job, Ginny Burdick and her accomplices like Prozanski, Kotek, and Courtney. We are so completely screwed!
View attachment 867595

Holy moly!

Cate

Well, at least this will prevent those rogue shootings where lawful concealed-carry folks randomly snap and start shooting people in public places. I believe the statistics show nearly 100% of shootings like that are done by lawful concealed-carriers and not people who disregard the law regardless.

/s

There is too much talk here about "we are screwed" and "I'm leaving the state"... I'm just amazed at it. Did you get every member of your family to phone and write each Rep and Senator? Did you get 10 of your neighbors, shooting buddies, and extended family to do it ?

As for leaving, where will you go that this won't follow? Thousands left California to come here to escape laws like this.... now what? Keep running from state to state until you are holed up in a cabin somewhere waiting for the end?

Fight them here and now—POLITICALLY—with all your strength. Do not let them have this beautiful state. Are we outnumbered? Of course. But these bills aren't decided by statewide majorities in general elections. They are vulnerable at key pressure points—such as when they are in committee, or being amended, or up for key votes. Pile on the phone calls, physical letters, and emails at these key pressure points. That's how the NRA and other groups tend to win legislative victories.

Bottom line is get everyone you know to tell the Republicans to walk out. We can win this, and buy ourselves another year to get organized and prepared for the 2A political fight.

"Ginny Burdick and her accomplices like Prozanski, Kotek, and Courtney. We are so completely screwed!"

Odd how modern man allows a tiny group to control their lives.

Read an article in the Oregonian that indicates that the merged bill removes some of the entities that can declare buildings as gun free zones. Perhaps some of our pushback is working.

"The amended version would limit that right to universities, colleges and public schools, along with the state Capitol.​
That proposed change didn't sit well with Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, who was a chief sponsor of the original bill. "I've been in this process a long time, and I understand the necessity for compromise," she said."​

Don't agree with any of it but it seems like a push back is causing some compromise, which is saying something when one side has a supermajority. Later version of the lock requirement bill also appear to be softening.

Let's keep it up!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads