JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read an article in the Oregonian that indicates that the merged bill removes some of the entities that can declare buildings as gun free zones. Perhaps some of our pushback is working.

"The amended version would limit that right to universities, colleges and public schools, along with the state Capitol.​
That proposed change didn't sit well with Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, who was a chief sponsor of the original bill. "I've been in this process a long time, and I understand the necessity for compromise," she said."​

Don't agree with any of it but it seems like a push back is causing some compromise, which is saying something when one side has a supermajority. Later version of the lock requirement bill also appear to be softening.

Let's keep it up!
Yes, considering the political balance of power, it's working, keep pushing back, let all your gun-owning friends, relatives, contacts know what's going on and encourage them to push back too.

Here's the article:

I don't know what this state will do when all the hands that feed leave the state. I have 2 friends who already left the state and took their small businesses with them.

Unfortunately there are worse places (Calif comes to mind) and there are plenty of people who don't care about 2A rights who would move here. Not to say it won't get worse, it is, but there are still people who see Orygun as an improvement over where they are now.

Non-compliance is the way.
TPTB know this. That is why they are conditioning us to wear the COVID muzzle, and they are using our neighbors to do it.

Part of the payoff on blaming every death but Epstein's on COVID is that there are a bunch of people that have lost loved ones and have been told the Bat Flu got 'em.

That puts those of us that might disagree with the Gov't over-reach in direct confrontation with our own family, friends and neighbors.

A friend of mine passed this Spring. Back in the Dream Time, he would have died of Natural Causes, complications from Organic Brain Syndrome, maybe even pneumonia. But because he passed in 2020, his widow has been told he died of COVID. How in the hell are you supposed to argue with that? I'll save you the trouble - we can't.

And so we wear masks so we can buy groceries and gas, and although most realize that we are playing an adult version of Calvin Ball, we comply because the stakes are too low to fight, just yet.

By the time we frogs figure out that we are being boiled, it will be far too late and compliance, fueled by a sense of moral superiority, will be the most common response.

Everybody wants to be a hero, but nobody wants to die.

Read an article in the Oregonian that indicates that the merged bill removes some of the entities that can declare buildings as gun free zones. Perhaps some of our pushback is working.

"The amended version would limit that right to universities, colleges and public schools, along with the state Capitol.​
That proposed change didn't sit well with Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, who was a chief sponsor of the original bill. "I've been in this process a long time, and I understand the necessity for compromise," she said."​

Don't agree with any of it but it seems like a push back is causing some compromise, which is saying something when one side has a supermajority. Later version of the lock requirement bill also appear to be softening.

Let's keep it up!
Once the basic legislation is in place it's almost trivial to add entities that can prohibit licensed concealed carry. The elimination of state pre-emption opens the flood gates to every crack pot anti-gun activist at the local level.

There is too much talk here about "we are screwed" and "I'm leaving the state"... I'm just amazed at it. Did you get every member of your family to phone and write each Rep and Senator? Did you get 10 of your neighbors, shooting buddies, and extended family to do it ?

As for leaving, where will you go that this won't follow? Thousands left California to come here to escape laws like this.... now what? Keep running from state to state until you are holed up in a cabin somewhere waiting for the end?

Fight them here and now—POLITICALLY—with all your strength. Do not let them have this beautiful state. Are we outnumbered? Of course. But these bills aren't decided by statewide majorities in general elections. They are vulnerable at key pressure points—such as when they are in committee, or being amended, or up for key votes. Pile on the phone calls, physical letters, and emails at these key pressure points. That's how the NRA and other groups tend to win legislative victories.

Bottom line is get everyone you know to tell the Republicans to walk out. We can win this, and buy ourselves another year to get organized and prepared for the 2A political fight.

I spend 10 hours a week on the average on pro-gun activism. I run social media groups, file written testimony on bills in the legislature, communicate with state and federal legislators, and write content for public dissemination. The focus of my social media groups is to get gun owners to vote. If every gun owner voted every election we would win every time. Sadly, only about half of them do.

Like NY, MI, IL, Commiefornia, it might be time to vote with your feet. And when you do, remember to vote AGAINST these sort of idiots instead of importing them!

As for "compromise", the communists only get half of what they want and honest citizens LOSE half of what they had. Seems like a fair and equitable system to me! Too bad in the history of the world it has never worked the other way.

Nothing to see here.

F6F7741E-E8D1-470F-A532-9BF0EA24A450.jpeg

I spend 10 hours a week on the average on pro-gun activism. I run social media groups, file written testimony on bills in the legislature, communicate with state and federal legislators, and write content for public dissemination. The focus of my social media groups is to get gun owners to vote. If every gun owner voted every election we would win every time. Sadly, only about half of them do.
The amount of gun owners that dont vote or vote against their self is unbelievable .
Im even related to some of them. :eek: .

Last Edited:
Once the basic legislation is in place it's almost trivial to add entities that can prohibit licensed concealed carry. The elimination of state pre-emption opens the flood gates to every crack pot anti-gun activist at the local level.
Yes, possible. But I'm a glass half full kinda guy and that wording was in there originally and they removed it.

That filled my glass half way. Yes, it was a small glass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top