JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're on the cusp of something big all right. They're on the cusp of the biggest robbery of 2A liberties this State has ever seen.

Most of these media outlets are failing to mention two of the most burdensome aspects of SB 501. Having to apply for a background check to purchase 20rnds ammo and the 5 rnd mag limit. We should send in corrections and or comment on articles if that option is available. It would be helpful in getting more of the lukewarm gun owners on board.

The police off duty, all officers of the court, all legislators, all body guards, all police agency off duty, should be so required to conform to 501.

Hysterical personalities and beta males. Can we send them to the sand box in the middle east to grow up. So they will learn to feel safe?
I would question whether these kids will really feel safer if SB 501 restrictions are put in place. My guess is they will not. They could be ultra naive but I suspect they are mostly doing this for some twisted gratification, attention, etc.

I would question whether these kids will really feel safer if SB 501 restrictions are put in place. My guess is they will not. They could be ultra naive but I suspect they are mostly doing this for some twisted gratification, attention, etc.
I'm betting those two fellas got told theyd get a couple of handies if they played along.

"These students know what it actually feels like to know that the threat of gun violence is outside of their classroom door at all times," said Salinas, a Lake Oswego Democrat who was appointed to the Legislature last year and ran unopposed for a full term in November. "I'm not here to debate the issue of gun control. I'm here to support these students. They want to engage in constructive dialogue, which is their right."

How do you engage in constructive dialogue without debate?
How did she run unopposed? Are there no Republicans in Lake O?

I might consider asking why these students are not outraged at their school's "Lockdown / Intruder Plans"...If their plans are anything like what I have seen at the schools that I have taught in...they are reactive at best and not pro-active...

While not wanting going into to details about lockdown / intruder plans over a open forum...
I think that many plans are a good start...but that's it...just a start.
Also many plans have the same faults of :
Assuming that the intruder will go by your plan...
A lack of understanding of what firearms and bullets actually can and will do...
And a lack of unrealistic practice drills.
Andy

Hysterical personalities and beta males. Can we send them to the sand box in the middle east to grow up. So they will learn to feel safe?
Anyone know good kid friendly firearm instructors, willing to volunteer a few hours of their time offering some free lessons to these kids? I think part of it is a complete lack of experience and education on the subject, or even talk to people they are affecting. It might not change their minds about guns in general, but it could maybe at least be a start by taking the mystery and mystic about firearms.

Anyone know good kid friendly firearm instructors, willing to volunteer a few hours of their time offering some free lessons to these kids? I think part of it is a complete lack of experience and education on the subject, or even talk to people they are affecting. It might not change their minds about guns in general, but it could maybe at least be a start by taking the mystery and mystic about firearms.
I know this will sound a bit paranoid, but maybe firearms education will simply give them the knowledge to draft up less insane (but more likely to pass) legislation. I would like some news reporters to be more educated about firearms and the legislation they report on.

Hi what are we doing to stop bill SB501 form passing?
I would start with trying to kill or making sure it never leaves the committees that are responsible for advancing it. I am trying to determine what committees SB 501 will need to move through and who is on those committees. We can then apply pressure to those committee members and hope it never reaches the floor.

I would start with trying to kill or making sure it never leaves the committees that are responsible for advancing it. I am trying to determine what committees SB 501 will need to move through and who is on those committees. We can then apply pressure to those committee members and hope it never reaches the floor.
Bad news, it's in the judiciary committee which is chaired by one of our favorite gun haters Sen. Floyd Prozanski. Here is link to list members of judiciary committee:
Judiciary Senate 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

Here link to all state summary info on bill:
SB501 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

I like how the summary is, "Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm". What a bunch of BS.

I wrote a letter to my State Senator and State Rep, and I donated to the OFF PAC, and I voted R down the line last fall. Is there anything else we can do at this point?

I might consider asking why these students are not outraged at their school's "Lockdown / Intruder Plans"...If their plans are anything like what I have seen at the schools that I have taught in...they are reactive at best and not pro-active...

While not wanting going into to details about lockdown / intruder plans over a open forum...
I think that many plans are a good start...but that's it...just a start.
Also many plans have the same faults of :
Assuming that the intruder will go by your plan...
A lack of understanding of what firearms and bullets actually can and will do...
And a lack of unrealistic practice drills.
Andy

I'll take it a step further, why are these students not outraged that they and their schools are not afforded the same protection as useless celebrities, even more useless politicians, government buildings, banks, power plants and countless other facilities and people? Instead what they get is a bucket full of hockey pucks and some lame, ineffective lockdown procedure.

I'll take it a step further, why are these students not outraged that they and their schools are not afforded the same protection as useless celebrities, even more useless politicians, government buildings, banks, power plants and countless other facilities and people? Instead what they get is a bucket full of hockey pucks and some lame, ineffective lockdown procedure.
I agree. Their energy would be better spent advocating for increased school security which would be a much more effective means of preventing deaths in school shootings. Just like border security it doesn't seem to be a popular solution among progressive types though. I honestly can't figure out why. Two reasons come to mind. First reason could be that they don't really feel school shootings are a big problem and they just want to use the issue to infringe on law abiding citizens gun rights. Or two they are very ignorant, uniformed, naive, etc and think that restricting gun rights of law abiding citizens will somehow magically make school shootings disappear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top