JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, but they didn't go very far. They haven't tried real heavy restrictions yet. SB941 didn't exactly impact a huge number of people. Wait until they try to pass something like serious mag restrictions or force waiting periods, ID cards, insurance, etc. 2017 they had the votes to hit us really hard, but they didn't - I still wonder why. I think they do recognize that about 1/2 this state isn't on their side - just have to look at the results in the governor's race.

We'll definitely get new restrictions, the question is, how far are they willing to go. What are they willing to risk to try.

They didn't push harder due to a enlection coming up .they hid behind that church on ip43 but they were whispering in their ear

As posted elsewhere, they're going far beyond what could even arguably be 'reasonable common sense safety measures':oops::rolleyes:o_O. No, they're going into thinly veiled punishment mode here...20 rounds a month, after a background check? Pull out 20 rds. of .22 LR and hold it in your hand. There's your quota. What if you were trying to teach a couple kids to shoot? 10 rounds each...6 if you do some demonstration? That's an E.L.E. for the recreational shooter, public ranges, and the next generation of shooters. Period. But they've introduced the idea...now they just need to let that little cancer grow in the minds of the public...

The law abiding gun owners and sportsmen/women of this country have done NOTHING to deserve being vilified and thrown in the likes of the criminals that misuse firearms against the innocent.

We all know this, and can keep wasting bandwidth re-covering these same discussion points :s0013:

Or, it's probably more productive to work on getting on the same page and putting up a united front. *If* there are legit, official boots-on-the-ground 'leaders' (NRA, SAF, etc) out there, the NWF and similar would be great communication channels to help get a good number of folks informed and moving in the right direction.

But if they're going to let kids submit registration, there's probably some pretty intelligent teenagers who've been 'raised right' that could submit legislation like 'No law shall be passed against law-abiding gun owners with the specific intent to infringe, limit, or effect in any way, their ability to acquire any 'arm' that has been or is currently available to the shooting public, including, but not limited to accessories, feeding devices, and ammunition.

Any party that attempts to violate above shall be responsible for any/all court and legal costs out of their personal accounts.'

BOSS

They don't want a next generation of shooters.

Its almost like the same strategy we had in Afghanistan. Fight what you can see but influence the next generation to pick up a Pen instead of a RPG or rifle. You may pull few here and there from the current fighting you but surely you can influence enough of the up coming gen that instead of operating at a tribal level insurgency they can get more diplomatic and take to schools for higher education and setting better standards for when they eventually grow and have kids to continue on. Now flip side that instead of war torn nation its a developed 1st world nation with a growing party leaning towards authoritarian and a social media device attached at the hip vs a six shooter from the old west.

Groom enough kids to be afraid of even wanting to learn about a gun let alone touching one, the sight alone sends pre-set messages through the brain to register as BAD so associate it with how quickly can we get rid of BAD thing and how?
Kids aren't dumb they're just highly exploited by either side. Case in point, eat your veggies, light out by 9pm, go to school then college, get a job and move out? now replace those or add in addition to remove guns, restrict ammo, punish law abiding or criminal and eventually BAN outright since they have little to no interest in them to begin with it will not phase them.

They may not be able to vote yet, but I guarantee that kid will grow up remembering this and applying tons of passion to removing said things once becoming a politician themselves. Its not just a here and now battle its a ideology. You can't fight ideas with bullets.

Going with all this as mentioned above, lowering voting ages, no voter ID required (so anyone even the dead can vote or out of state/nation - illegals) demographics change. Most 2A folks want to be private and left alone. Most democratic/liberal are more openly social on matters hence all the social programs they've instituted via taxes we all pay for. They aren't afraid to get out and be heard job or jobless in school out of school it doesn't matter. Its a unified body that'll operate as one to spearhead for change under democracy. Its why they've won the social front of things and gotten to the point you get vilified either by peers/employment/courts/media.

Last Edited:
Kids aren't dumb they're just highly exploited by either side. Case in point, eat your veggies, light out by 9pm, go to school then college, get a job and move out? now replace those or add in addition to remove guns, restrict ammo, punish law abiding or criminal and eventually BAN outright since they have little to no interest in them to begin with it will not phase them.

That's because they've been manipulated to think that its 'evil objects' (guns), not a RIGHT.

How many of them do you think just roll their eyes/or to you out when the 2A/"shall not be infringed" is brought up/quoted? 'Yeah, whatever' rattling through their brain...

They may not be able to vote yet, but I guarantee that kid will grow up remembering this and applying tons of passion to removing said things once becoming a politician themselves. Its not just a here and now battle its a ideology. You can't fight ideas with bullets.

Some in the liberal strongholds on the perimeters of this country and some of the big urban areas, but there's still lots of middle-America that is holding onto their heritage quite well. That's the thing to...WA and OR are BIG hunting states. We just need to get a lot of those Fudds to actually look at what's happening in plain sight and grasp the concept that THEY"RE TURN IS COMING, and sooner than they think.

Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

Participate outside the forums, write your legislators, visit your ranges, etc. etc. etc.

BOSS

Kids are idiots and don't know what's good for them. Their parents are still responsible for them. That's why they are called "minors". When I was that age I was an idiot too, the difference is, I didn't take myself so serious, and we didn't shoot each other or even think about it.

These kids now 1. shoot each other, 2. blame our community for it, and then 3. tell us what WE have to change in order to stop THEM from shooting each other. Meanwhile, women send Nicholas Cruz topless pictures of themselves.

Our country is going to hell in a hand-basket. And my generation (Gen-X) are the WORST parents of all time.

Fudds and passive gun owners won't wake up until their practically in chains... Too late.

The kids in rural areas amount to a steaming heap of horse crap just like their parents. Theyre outnumbered and the urban areas will continue to dictate to the rest of the state...
More and more are moving out of rural areas while more drones move into the larger cities. The urban/rural divide is going to get worse, not better.

Our ONLY hope for the 2nd Amendment lies in the courts hopefully that's enough ... And RBG retires soon and we get a decent appointment to SCOTUS.

Relying on politicians is questionable. Relying on 'the. people' is hopeless.

That's because they've been manipulated to think that its 'evil objects' (guns), not a RIGHT.

How many of them do you think just roll their eyes/or to you out when the 2A/"shall not be infringed" is brought up/quoted? 'Yeah, whatever' rattling through their brain...

Thats why my comment above that opened with Groom enough kids (through the generations). Not arguing with you but I see we see the same thing in that topic.

Some in the liberal strongholds on the perimeters of this country and some of the big urban areas, but there's still lots of middle-America that is holding onto their heritage quite well. That's the thing to...WA and OR are BIG hunting states. We just need to get a lot of those Fudds to actually look at what's happening in plain sight and grasp the concept that THEY"RE TURN IS COMING, and sooner than they think.

Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

Participate outside the forums, write your legislators, visit your ranges, etc. etc. etc.

BOSS

I agree too. Hopefully that we can get enough to participate both new and old to the 2A but I still worry about demographics over the years is my only concern.

Kids are idiots and don't know what's good for them. Their parents are still responsible for them. That's why they are called "minors". When I was that age I was an idiot too, the difference is, I didn't take myself so serious, and we didn't shoot each other or even think about it.

These kids now 1. shoot each other, 2. blame our community for it, and then 3. tell us what WE have to change in order to stop THEM from shooting each other. Meanwhile, women send Nicholas Cruz topless pictures of themselves.

Our country is going to hell in a hand-basket. And my generation (Gen-X) are the WORST parents of all time.

And my Gen, Millennials, are considered the laziest most self entitled. Lack of good family morales stemming from a loss of the traditional nuclear family imo. Times change and so do people is what I keep hearing.

Fudds and passive gun owners won't wake up until their practically in chains... Too late.

The kids in rural areas amount to a steaming heap of horse crap just like their parents. Theyre outnumbered and the urban areas will continue to dictate to the rest of the state...
More and more are moving out of rural areas while more drones move into the larger cities. The urban/rural divide is going to get worse, not better.

I think that is why, what last week?, they pushed to eliminate the electoral college so they could further sweep areas blue based off sheer numbers, akin to why you always hear the argument of "SHE WON THE POPULAR VOTE!" since 2016.

Relying on politicians is questionable. Relying on 'the. people' is hopeless.

That certainly stands true as of late for politicians. "We, the people" is a double sided blade based on our system in America has been built off of. Good and bad I think it just depends on the perspective of those behind the wheel.

All in all I agree with all whom I quoted and its nice to see collective minds speaking out.

The way he did that was perfect. Good way to send a message if calls/emails/mail isn't working. They are public figures after all so this is in their job description.
Defamation: Libel and Slander | ExpertLaw

Public Figures
Under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, as set forth by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 1964 Case, New York Times v Sullivan, in which a public figure attempts to bring an action for defamation, the public figure must prove an additional element: that the statement was made with "actual malice".

Malice definition: Definition of MALICE

In translation, that means that the person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth. For example, Ariel Sharon sued Time Magazine over allegations of his conduct relating to the massacres at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps. Although the jury concluded that the Time story included false allegations, they found that Time had not acted with "actual malice" and did not award any damages.

The concept of the "public figure" is broader than celebrities and politicians. A person can become an "involuntary public figure" as the result of publicity, even though that person did not want or invite the public attention. For example, people accused of high profile crimes may be unable to pursue actions for defamation even after their innocence is established, on the basis that the notoriety associated with the case and the accusations against them turned them into involuntary public figures.

A person can also become a "limited public figure" by engaging in actions which generate publicity within a narrow area of interest. For example, a woman named Terry Rakolta was offended by the Fox Television show, Married With Children, and wrote letters to the show's advertisers to try to get them to stop their support for the show. As a result of her actions, Ms. Rakolta became the target of jokes in a wide variety of settings. As these jokes remained within the confines of her public conduct, typically making fun of her as being prudish or censorious, they were protected by Ms. Rakolta's status as a "limited public figure".

^^ Don't kid yourself, there's probably plenty of guns in those houses.

Boss
Not necessarily. If it is an area/neighborhood chock full of loony leftists many of them really don't believe in the need to be armed. Some of them do have firearms. A few may even be well armed, but I'd say the vast majority of them are as was mentioned, completely detached. They don't know how regular folks live. And they don't care.

Obviously not everyone around there is going to be a gun grabber. You may find some allies here and there. But no way are there plenty of guns in those houses. If the bulk of the people believed in the 2nd we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

How many gun stores are there in Lake Oswego? o_O

So let me get this straight; An 18-21 can join the military, start a business, drive a bus of school kids, start a family, but are too immature to own a firearm.

Solution? Let a bunch of 14 year olds craft laws!!! It would just end up banning most firearms, severely restrict the law abiding from being able to practice skills, and create hundreds of thousands (if not over a million) of a new class of criminal who hurts no one.

Is this what passes for "reasonable and common sense" now?

Screenshot_2019-01-14-15-20-38.png HEADS UP WASHINGTON....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top