JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To add fuel to the fire!!!! SB501 was concocted by KIDS!!!!!!! It was an exercise with Kate Brown, and "Students for a Change", in Lake Oswego. It was put forth by Rep Andrea Salinas, of Lake Oswego, and Rob Wagner, of Tualatin. They are putting KIDS to legislate in the matters of Life and Death. We need to show up Tuesday, and show OUTRAGE!! Maybe we should bring rails, tar and feathers and pitchforks and run these sleazy bastards out in the old fashioned tradition!!!

These MORONS are elevating, non elected, non eligible minors to influence anti constitutional legislation. If this doesn't get you keyboard warriors off your bubblegum, nothing will!!!!!!!!

Some of the things listed are all ready a automatic denial for purchase of firearms

I wonder if they would support legislation written by "my kids." With a 90% poverty rate in a rural area, the name of their group would probably be something like "I Need My Guns." Their main platform would be lowering the gun purchasing age to 16 and allowing guns on school campus, so they can go hunting before and after school to feed their family. :)

Those were the days. Every other pick-up truck at my high school

e9da3ee3-fcdb-4120-bd45-31cf3215232d_3.5e6455fe7a9cf61df1e7e21babf69cde.jpg

To add fuel to the fire!!!! SB501 was concocted by KIDS!!!!!!! It was an exercise with Kate Brown, and "Students for a Change", in Lake Oswego. It was put forth by Rep Andrea Salinas, of Lake Oswego, and Rob Wagner, of Tualatin. They are putting KIDS to legislate in the matters of Life and Death. We need to show up Tuesday, and show OUTRAGE!! Maybe we should bring rails, tar and feathers and pitchforks and run these sleazy bastards out in the old fashioned tradition!!!

These MORONS are elevating, non elected, non eligible minors to influence anti constitutional legislation. If this doesn't get you keyboard warriors off your bubblegum, nothing will!!!!!!!!

It was so unselfish of Kate Brown to take time out her busy day to help these kids write this bill with no selfish underhanded intent.
Last year it was a church not connected to the dumbocrats this year it's a school full of wealthy elitist children that have all their rich parent wealthy freinds donate and deduct it. Who is donating next ? ( SOROS & BLOWBERG ).Wonder why lake Oswego and not a small town school of children raised by the blue collar familys.

Lake oswego is a rough hood .I'm sure the youth there have see many real life experiences
Being late to tennis or soccer practice is not a life changing experience.

From dealing with the vice principal when my daughter was in HS (you could never get the man himself) I was astounded at what schools consider a success rate. Whatever their result they just call it a success! If it's one it's one. If it's seven it's seven. They never consider a failure rate because, hey we got at least one.

Having kids define gun control is like kids writing policy for astronauts. Just hold your breath Major.

They are simply brain washing kids and using them for political gain against Republicans/Conservatives. The same they are doing with the illegal immigrants/caravan. For a long time they tried to cause problems between the races - Trying to pit black against white people and they realize it causes problems, but not enough to separate the country. Using kids and illegal immigrants seems to be moving their agenda's along faster.

This should be something to keep a careful eye on...depending on how the wind blows, you could have additional Hogg puppets in the making. Do NOT underestimate the 'pull at the heart strings' significant effect these children might have testifying in front of the legislature. Remember this is being 'cloaked' in the guise of safety, and some tears running down teenage faces on the 5 o'clock news will only bolster their positions. It'll give them the 'see, we're doing it for the kids' moral high ground as they sign away evil 2A rights.

It's sad that the kids are too naïve to realize they're being used as pawns and value their rights so little. They fail to understand that once gone, rights are difficult, if not impossible to get back, any time in the immediate future. Combined with blissful ignorance, this is a dangerous combination. You can bet that if they were told they couldn't drive the Jag until they were 21, they'd lose they're collective $hit with walkouts in the name of their rights (which driving is not).

As others have suggested, maybe we should all have some kids on our side write legislation...unfortunately in today's educational system, that would get them nothing but blacklisted as 'dangerous.':rolleyes:

Participate/support/get involved.

BOSS

Being late to tennis or soccer practice is not a life changing experience.

From dealing with the vice principal when my daughter was in HS (you could never get the man himself) I was astounded at what schools consider a success rate. Whatever their result they just call it a success! If it's one it's one. If it's seven it's seven. They never consider a failure rate because, hey we got at least one.

Having kids define gun control is like kids writing policy for astronauts. Just hold your breath Major.

I get it so 5 rounds is 75 right . LOL

I'd like to put pressure on manufacturers to step up.

Anyone remember Barrett refusing to sell or service anything from any California LE agencies after CA banned the .50???

We need that.

Refuse to sell anything to a state's LE agencies that is made illegal for the rest of us.
Only 10rnd mags? Cool... OSP, PPB, etc only get 10rnd mags going forward.

We have to be 30, 40, 50% of their sales (nationally anyway)... We end up with 5rnds... Their bottom line is going to hurt... Considering Glock, Sig, SA, FN, CZ, etc don't make anything that ships with a 5rnd mag... Ruger, Taurus and S&W will probably clean up on revolver sales.... But what else?

They have to get involved. Put the screws to these states...

I suspect not though.

They are simply brain washing kids and using them for political gain against Republicans/Conservatives. The same they are doing with the illegal immigrants/caravan. For a long time they tried to cause problems between the races - Trying to pit black against white people and they realize it causes problems, but not enough to separate the country. Using kids and illegal immigrants seems to be moving their agenda's along faster.

They have raised tension considerably .Before 2016 people were not at each others throats like they have been the last 3 years . They pump peoples heads full of resentment and fear and anger at the lefty rally's , TV & social media. then brain wash the kids in the schools.when the kids finish high school they will be old enough to vote. They have spent the last 2 years spreading hate & lies getting ready for 2020. it looks very familiar to things that took place years ago in Europe.

People are getting really worked up over this. I'm not, as I don't see a chance in hell in a bill like this passing. It goes way too far and the politicians in Salem, arrogant and anti-freedom as they may be, realize they still have to get re-elected. We will definitely get new anti-gun laws this year, but 5 rounds? 20 rounds a month? That's too ridiculous for even the anti's to pass.

My guess is this was done as a feel good measure to appease the rich parents (donors) of some entitled Lake Oswego brats. It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, but we need to keep our eyes open for the bills that more than a couple of reps will actually fight to get through. There are still limits on how far they can go without starting a long, drawn-out court battle, and they know it. They will more carefully craft a bill that can more easily pass and will withstand a challenge in the courts.

Stand by for the real challenge, it's coming. Until then, I don't see any reason to get too worked up over this little side project.

I wonder if they would support legislation written by "my kids." With a 90% poverty rate in a rural area, the name of their group would probably be something like "I Need My Guns." Their main platform would be lowering the gun purchasing age to 16 and allowing guns on school campus, so they can go hunting before and after school to feed their family. :)

Oh, and I'd make sure they cited the state and federal constitution and court precedence, as well as statistical data, but that's just the teacher in me. :p

It was fairly common years ago when I was in high school that outside my neighborhood there were all kinds of grasslands and small creeks. Some students went hunting after school. It was not uncommon to see a gun rack in the back of the pickup truck with a shotgun in it either. I was not born in California but my parents moved there and went though kindergarden though college there and even worked there for almost 10 years before moving out.

People are getting really worked up over this. I'm not, as I don't see a chance in hell in a bill like this passing. It goes way too far and the politicians in Salem, arrogant and anti-freedom as they may be, realize they still have to get re-elected. We will definitely get new anti-gun laws this year, but 5 rounds? 20 rounds a month? That's too ridiculous for even the anti's to pass.

My guess is this was done as a feel good measure to appease the rich parents (donors) of some entitled Lake Oswego brats. It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, but we need to keep our eyes open for the bills that more than a couple of reps will actually fight to get through. There are still limits on how far they can go without starting a long, drawn-out court battle, and they know it. They will more carefully craft a bill that can more easily pass and will withstand a challenge in the courts.

Stand by for the real challenge, it's coming. Until then, I don't see any reason to get too worked up over this little side project.

I hope your right .but they got re-elected after their last rights infringing party

I hope your right .but they got re-elected after their last rights infringing party

True, but they didn't go very far. They haven't tried real heavy restrictions yet. SB941 didn't exactly impact a huge number of people. Wait until they try to pass something like serious mag restrictions or force waiting periods, ID cards, insurance, etc. 2017 they had the votes to hit us really hard, but they didn't - I still wonder why. I think they do recognize that about 1/2 this state isn't on their side - just have to look at the results in the governor's race.

We'll definitely get new restrictions, the question is, how far are they willing to go. What are they willing to risk to try.

I have yet to meet the liberal voter who would VOTE OUT a Democrat because they passed draconian gun laws. 90% of voters only hear "hi capacity magazine restrictions" and "limit purchases of ammunition" and dont care to look any further... even if they did.... still wont actively vote out a Dem.

Look at CA? how many in their legislature were primaried or replaced by Republicans after their gun laws? Or even when they passed an AWB, then immediately voted to exempt themselves from that very law..... im guessing that NONE were voted out for this.

They have to get F'in background checks to buy ammo... in any quantity.

Sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring something because it sounds too extreme is a poor plan. Especially if this is just a test run, we need to mount an overwhelming reaction to EVERYTHING they propose. The more complacent we appear... the more we appear easy targets... the more emboldened they will be.

I have yet to meet the liberal voter who would VOTE OUT a Democrat because they passed draconian gun laws. 90% of voters only hear "hi capacity magazine restrictions" and "limit purchases of ammunition" and dont care to look any further... even if they did.... still wont actively vote out a Dem.

Look at CA? how many in their legislature were primaried or replaced by Republicans after their gun laws? Or even when they passed an AWB, then immediately voted to exempt themselves from that very law..... im guessing that NONE were voted out for this.

They have to get F'in background checks to buy ammo... in any quantity.

Sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring something because it sounds too extreme is a poor plan. Especially if this is just a test run, we need to mount an overwhelming reaction to EVERYTHING they propose. The more complacent we appear... the more we appear easy targets... the more emboldened they will be.

Some of those legislators are in 'purple' areas of the state - and there are a LOT of independents in Oregon. This state doesn't have 60% leftist democrats. It's about 40% Dem, 40% Republican and 20% independent. Those independents can and do swing right, particularly outside of Multco and Eugene. Go too far, they will retaliate. So yeah, there are legislators in Salem that know they're not safe if they push too hard. That's why, I believe, we didn't get harder restrictions in both 2015 and 2017. They had the votes, but they held back. I can't think of any other reason why.

They have raised tension considerably .Before 2016 people were not at each others throats like they have been the last 3 years . They pump peoples heads full of resentment and fear and anger at the lefty rally's , TV & social media. then brain wash the kids in the schools.when the kids finish high school they will be old enough to vote. They have spent the last 2 years spreading hate & lies getting ready for 2020. it looks very familiar to things that took place years ago in Europe.

As posted elsewhere, they're going far beyond what could even arguably be 'reasonable common sense safety measures':oops::rolleyes:o_O. No, they're going into thinly veiled punishment mode here...20 rounds a month, after a background check? Pull out 20 rds. of .22 LR and hold it in your hand. There's your quota. What if you were trying to teach a couple kids to safely shoot? 10 rounds each...6 if you do some demonstration? That's an E.L.E. for the recreational shooter, public ranges, and the next generation of shooters. Period. But they've introduced the idea...now they just need to let that little cancer grow in the minds of the public...

The law abiding gun owners and sportsmen/women of this country have done NOTHING to deserve being vilified and thrown in with the likes of the criminals that misuse firearms against the innocent.

We all know this, and can keep wasting bandwidth re-covering these same discussion points :s0013:

Or, it's probably more productive to work on getting on the same page and putting up a united front. *If* there are legit, official boots-on-the-ground 'leaders' (NRA, SAF, etc) out there, the NWF and similar would be great communication channels to help get a good number of folks informed and moving in the right direction.

But if they're going to let kids submit legislation, there's probably some pretty intelligent teenagers who've been 'raised right' that could submit legislation like 'No law shall be passed against law-abiding gun owners and citizens with the specific intent to infringe, limit, or effect in any way, their ability to acquire any 'arm' that has been or is currently available to the shooting public, including, but not limited to accessories, feeding devices, and ammunition.

Any party that attempts to violate above shall be responsible for any/all court and legal costs out of their personal accounts.'

BOSS

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews