JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MYTH: "A handgun in a home is 43 times more likely to kill one of the residents than a criminal."

This is a bogus statistic from an MD named Arthur Kellerman back in the 90's. If you remove the suicides from his sampling, his statistic is now "6 times more likely". Most of his remaining "victims" were multiple criminals living together, where one shot the other in a fight. He lets you assume they were normal families just like yours, by counting gun-death statistics for criminal households together with those of traditional families. (Polsby and Brennen, "Taking Aim At Gun Control" 1995). He has repeatedly refused the opportunity to debate speakers on the other side of the issue.

You make a lot of valid points. Unfortunately, getting firearms owners off their behinds to act in concert for their own best interest, is literally like the proverbial 'herding cats'. While we are agonizing about 501, some of the same culprits have now introduced SB275 "safe storage". They don't care about what anyone thinks, they just want the money from Henry Wessinger. It just so happens the provisions in SB275, and the storage provisions of SB501 have already been ruled unconstitutional by the SC.

"This bill has a particular negative impact on personal choice and responsibility. This bill is so intrusive into the private home that the Supreme Court has explicitly ruled trigger lock requirements to be unconstitutional in DC v. Heller (2008). This protection was extended to the states through the due process clause of the 14th amendment in the Supreme Court McDonald v. Chicago decision. Attempts to introduce this type of legislation amount to knowingly trying to deprive the citizenry of their rights under color of law."

SB 275 Requiring locked container or trigger locks for firearms :: Oregon Citizens Lobby

These morons are actually committing felonies by even proposing this crap. The real answer is to find a way to start getting them prosecuted.

:s0003:

To add fuel to the fire!!!! SB501 was concocted by KIDS!!!!!!! It was an exercise with Kate Brown, and "Students for a Change", in Lake Oswego. It was put forth by Rep Andrea Salinas, of Lake Oswego, and Rob Wagner, of Tualatin. They are putting KIDS to legislate in the matters of Life and Death. We need to show up Tuesday, and show OUTRAGE!! Maybe we should bring rails, tar and feathers and pitchforks and run these sleazy bastards out in the old fashioned tradition!!!

These MORONS are elevating, non elected, non eligible minors to influence anti constitutional legislation. If this doesn't get you keyboard warriors off your bubblegum, nothing will!!!!!!!!

Now they are looking to change Oregons constitution To serve on the legislature from age 21 down to 18 , They can get the fresh trained Zombies in doing damage before they get a chance to experience life . Here's The write up in the Oregonian Its near the bottom.

By Noelle Crombie | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Last fall, Rep. Margaret Doherty read over the Oregon Constitution as she prepared to give a talk to local high school students about state government.

As she scanned the section detailing the executive branch, something stood out:

In all instances, the governor was referred to with male pronouns.

"I counted it up and 13 times the governor's duties and succession and so on is referred to as 'he,' and I thought that's not right," said Doherty, a Democrat from Tigard.

So she and Rep. Jennifer Williamson, D-Portland, proposed a bill this session referring to voters a measure that would remove gender specific references to the governor and other elected officials. If the bill passes, the ballot measure would go to voters in 2020.

Barbara Roberts was the first women to be elected as Oregon governor. She served from 1991 until 1995. Gov. Kate Brown is the second woman to hold the position.

A former teacher at Milwaukie High School, Doherty said with so many young people interested in government and politics, it makes sense to look at gender references in the Constitution.

Doherty said she's also proposed another bill referring to voters a measure that would allow Oregonians to run for the legislature at 18. Currently, the Constitution says only people 21 or older may run.

Now they are looking to change Oregons constitution To serve on the legislature from age 21 down to 18 , They can get the fresh trained Zombies in doing damage before they get a chance to experience life . Here's The write up in the Oregonian Its near the bottom.

By Noelle Crombie | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Last fall, Rep. Margaret Doherty read over the Oregon Constitution as she prepared to give a talk to local high school students about state government.

As she scanned the section detailing the executive branch, something stood out:

In all instances, the governor was referred to with male pronouns.

"I counted it up and 13 times the governor's duties and succession and so on is referred to as 'he,' and I thought that's not right," said Doherty, a Democrat from Tigard.

So she and Rep. Jennifer Williamson, D-Portland, proposed a bill this session referring to voters a measure that would remove gender specific references to the governor and other elected officials. If the bill passes, the ballot measure would go to voters in 2020.

Barbara Roberts was the first women to be elected as Oregon governor. She served from 1991 until 1995. Gov. Kate Brown is the second woman to hold the position.

A former teacher at Milwaukie High School, Doherty said with so many young people interested in government and politics, it makes sense to look at gender references in the Constitution.

Doherty said she's also proposed another bill referring to voters a measure that would allow Oregonians to run for the legislature at 18. Currently, the Constitution says only people 21 or older may run.
At least we have Rep. Doherty who will support the 18 to 20 year olds right purchase firearms. /s

Hi idk if there is an existing thread in regarding the rally being held on March 23 this is to speak out agonist the anti gun laws being proposed in Oregon. I just wanted to give it a shout out on this forum because I want to give it the best chance for to stop the anti American gun laws, also to beadle to stand up for the rights of the people.

Sorry kids maybe you should work on suicide prevention, bullying, administrative waste, etc.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blo...15X78lfz61I_hXrUFBwi5CmNnnvPc4Dsh6HBLaly05cXQ

Edit: I would encorage everyone who cares to write Sen. Prozanski and ask him to shelve SB925 also. It would make it nearly impossible to safely and legally carry in Oregon. Forcing many to constantly leave their EDC in their vehicle. It would cause more people to ditch public transportation since they would not have a place to store their weapon when they were visiting places prohibiting concealed carry. It would make vehicles parked at places that prohibit concealed carry more attractive targets for thieves and result in many more firearm thefts. These reasons are on top of all the normal reasons that we shouldn't prohibit concealed carry.

Last Edited:
More media coverage of the event (basically the same story as Portland Mercury)

One of the commenters has the opinion that if you opposed this bill, and go to the rally, you are siding with mass shooters!

That's another reminder why appearances matter, and not to be so focused on impressing the echo chamber. If they see a huge crowd of everyday folk and their families, it is much harder for them to cling to their bigoted stereotypes of gun owners.

More media coverage of the event (basically the same story as Portland Mercury)

One of the commenters has the opinion that if you opposed this bill, and go to the rally, you are siding with mass shooters!

That's another reminder why appearances matter, and not to be so focused on impressing the echo chamber. If they see a huge crowd of everyday folk and their families, it is much harder for them to cling to their bigoted stereotypes of gun owners.
Yes I completely agree with that and that is the vision Radian has. Asking for people to conceal carry instead of open carry, and discouraging distracting flags and messages was an effort to attract those who normally wouldn't feel comfortable at a typical gun rally.

speaking of these kids. Do we want them 16 and 17 year olds to vote on other anti 2A legislation or anti-rights candidates. If not than you have until noon today to get your brief written testimony in to: [email protected]
remember pdf format for letter
bills SJR 22 and SB 838

For those who are concerned this will help to further the erosion of our rights you can send an email to Sen. Roblan and request that he vote no on these two bills. Unfortunately I can't trust most 16 year olds to vote in a way that will protect my 2A rights. Here is Sen. Roblan's email. [email protected]

Sorry I didn't notice the testimony period earlier.

Last Edited:
speaking of these kids. Do we want them 16 and 17 year olds to vote on other anti 2A legislation or anti-rights candidates. If not than you have until noon today to get your brief written testimony in to: [email protected]
remember pdf format for letter
bills SJR 22 and SB 838

More info on the bill:
Rules Senate 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

And if you are in the Salem capitol today, be sure to say hi!
March for Our Lives Oregon Youth Lobby Day

And call me paranoid but the timing of this hearing, during spring break is likely not a coincidence. The timing of the hearing for SB 801 may not be a coincidence either. It will be interesting to see if a bunch of educators show up at the hearing to oppose the bill.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top