JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow but what about the criminals who dont care

Why don't they just make it illegal to steal guns? Oh yeah, they already did. That law really worked. What happens in a sanctuary city/state if an illegal steals a gun and uses it to blow his own head off? Is the victim of the theft at fault?

Though no idealist, I can't believe such an insane law could pass. What automatic pistol, made in the last hundred years, has a 5-shot or less magazine? A few out of tens of thousands. Yet, they have both houses, and the governorship.

iF THIS passes, I am going to sell all of my long guns and get a Barret 50 caliber long ranger. i think 20 rounds a mon th might be out of my budget though

Be lucky they are "giving" you five.

i-a-person-with-no-criminal-record-or-dishonorable-discharge-31032241.png

Can we ask for a bill that limits stupid politicians from passing bills on a subject matter they know nothing about? Or passing a bill that is based on fear and hatred towards a group of people they know nothing about?

We could call it a bigot ban.

Senate Bill 501 Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. "May issue" by the Sheriff.

Restricts ammunition receipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period. Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501
Gun owners will vote for the people who want to put the law in. Then after it passes will blame the NRA.
<shrug>

Sponsored by Senator Ron Wagner and Representative Andrea Salinas. "At the request of
Students for Change". If these two represent you--perhaps a little note expressing your
opinion of their sponsorship might be in order.

In an era when many Federal agencies are stock piling ammunition at rates of at least 100 rounds per department firearm for "qualifying purposes", it seems strange that a random number of 20 rounds per month total would be included in the proposed bill. Federal agencies are reported to have been increasing firearms and ammunition stores by department since at least 1996. Seems what is good for the government should be at least as good for the governed.

Personally, I do not believe there should be any restrictions on ammunition short of budget constraints - government or personal.

Sponsored by Senator Ron Wagner and Representative Andrea Salinas. "At the request of
Students for Change". If these two represent you--perhaps a little note expressing your
opinion of their sponsorship might be in order.
The ONLY thing politicians care about is votes. As long as voters keep putting them back in why would they care about letters? The OR Governor was opposed by people many gun owners found "not acceptable". So gun owners put Kate in a couple times now. Now those same gun owners seem shocked Kate is feeling empowered?????????? As long as politicians can openly champion anti gun laws, and gun owners vote for them, well they will give gun owners more anti gun laws. If, and that is a big IF, gun owners start voting some out of office the ones left will change.

The ONLY thing politicians care about is votes. As long as voters keep putting them back in why would they care about letters? The OR Governor was opposed by people many gun owners found "not acceptable". So gun owners put Kate in a couple times now. Now those same gun owners seem shocked Kate is feeling empowered?????????? As long as politicians can openly champion anti gun laws, and gun owners vote for them, well they will give gun owners more anti gun laws. If, and that is a big IF, gun owners start voting some out of office the ones left will change.
Never happen in Oregon, I think that ship has sailed. Too many folks depend on the states handouts to vote them out. Why fire those who take care of you?

Never happen in Oregon, I think that ship has sailed. Too many folks depend on the states handouts to vote them out. Why fire those who take care of you?

Sadly that is a lot of it right there. A LOT of people who own guns also want the Government to take care of them in some way. So they vote left, thinking they will still be OK. Or they go all self righteous. Say the "better" candidate, and there is always a better one, is just a squish or such. So they either refuse to vote or throw the vote away. So of course the worst candidate wins. Hard to tell just how bad this will get till a majority wake up, if they ever do.

Sadly that is a lot of it right there. A LOT of people who own guns also want the Government to take care of them in some way. So they vote left, thinking they will still be OK. Or they go all self righteous. Say the "better" candidate, and there is always a better one, is just a squish or such. So they either refuse to vote or throw the vote away. So of course the worst candidate wins. Hard to tell just how bad this will get till a majority wake up, if they ever do.
They'll wake up when their EBT cards don't work anymore...

They'll wake up when their EBT cards don't work anymore...

They already don't, in some locations due to the shutdown, apparently the feds are responsible for actually processing EBT transactions, so when the system goes down, there's no one to fix it. Was on the news the other night that some stores are having that very problem.

In an era when many Federal agencies are stock piling ammunition at rates of at least 100 rounds per department firearm for "qualifying purposes", it seems strange that a random number of 20 rounds per month total would be included in the proposed bill. Federal agencies are reported to have been increasing firearms and ammunition stores by department since at least 1996. Seems what is good for the government should be at least as good for the governed.

Personally, I do not believe there should be any restrictions on ammunition short of budget constraints - government or personal.
I think it is much more than 100/firearm. Feds have been buying rounds by the million for years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top