JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Senate Bill 501 Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. "May issue" by the Sheriff.

Restricts ammunition receipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period. Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501

Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. Specifies qualifications for permit and manner of applying for permit. Creates procedures for appealing denial of permit. Punishes receipt of firearm without valid permit by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires person who owns or possesses firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock or in locked container.Punishes failure to secure firearm by maximum of 30 days' imprisonment, $1,250 fine, or both. Requires person who owns or possesses firearm to report to law enforcement agency loss or theft of firearm within 24 hours.Punishes failure to report loss or theft by maximum of 30 days' imprisonment, $1,250 fine, or both. Prohibits possession of magazine with capacity to hold more than five rounds of ammunition. Provides that person in possession of such magazine must sell or otherwise dispose of magazine within 180 days of effective date of Act. Punishes unlawful possession of magazine capable of holding more than five rounds by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires criminal background check before transfer of ammunition. Restricts ammunition re- ceipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period. Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

Copied from the pdf

Where's the dislike button? I appreciate the info but I cannot "like" what you have posted.

You can hit the dislike button here Yellow Vest Rally for Constitutional Government

III.jpg

Wow, if enacted I'm not sure I feel comfortable interfacing with so many potential felons.

This is one of the few times I guess I feel fortunate to live in California...but this is only Thursday. Maybe California can catch up tomorrow :(

Seriously, fight hard and good luck!

Last Edited:
Mother of God ... I'm far too tired after a long day of toiling to pay my tax bill, er, take care of my family. I'll read over this pile of bullcrap tomorrow. Not looking good. Particularly this:

Prohibits possession of magazine with capacity to hold more than five rounds of ammunition. Provides that person in possession of such magazine must sell or otherwise dispose of magazine within 180 days of effective date of Act. Punishes unlawful possession of magazine capable of holding more than five rounds by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both
Not good. :mad:

Last Edited:
What, are they going to open 50 rd. boxes and count out 20 rds? 'Nobody wants to take your guns.' No, they'll just make it impossible for you to use them. If this were to pass you can probably kiss recreational shooting, competitive shooting, and public ranges goodbye... Which is of course the point.

Hopefully they make the mistake of showing their true colors...cranking up the heat too fast and the frogs start jumping out of the pot en mass, particularly the fudds and moderates.

Boss

Hopefully they make the mistake of showing their true colors...cranking up the heat too fast and the frogs start jumping out of the pot en mass, particularly the fudds and moderates.

Go Frogs! (Kinda like "Go Hawks" in WA but way cooler)

And here my only concern just yesterday was the national implementation on Internet sale tax starting 4/1/2019. (It caused me to order 5K of CCI just to avoid some tax while also getting a rebate.)

Again seriously, fight hard, work together, hit'em on all fronts and good luck!

Last Edited:
They're emboldened by their election successes, and the far left is pulling out their wish list.

I can just hear their more calculating members shush them: "No, no, no, too soon, put that away! You'll tip our hand. We're not ready for that just yet, too many union voters still think we're not really after their guns. That's for a little later down the road, after a few more brainwashed SJWs graduate high school and reach voting age."

What, are they going to open 50 rd. boxes and count out 20 rds? 'Nobody wants to take your guns.' No, they'll just make it impossible for you to use them. If this were to pass you can probably kiss recreational shooting, competitive shooting, and public ranges goodbye... Which is of course the point.

Boss

See "the plan" for them is to start at 20 rounds a month and 5 round magazines, then "compromise" with 100 and 10. That way they can accuse us of not being willing to compromise.

Oh, and also a Background check required before transfer of ammunition and a purchase waiting period delay up to 14 days.

Great way to make money off gun owners, regulate the hell out of it and if severely shark attack someone who violates this knowingly or (like most) unknowingly. Can't ban the guns or ammo but you can sure as hell put a large penalty on the operators error!

Time to stock up folks...

Looks like my annual spend is going to happen in January. Just to be sure...

Might worth considering passing on a coup!e 'extras' and sending a few of those bucks to organizations that could use the $$ in the legal battles to come. Something to consider...my $.02 worth.

Boss

Given some of the problems some states have with "may issue" CCW, "may issue" purchase/receiving beyond regular background checks could be a huge anti-2A impediment.

So let's recap, they are coming for your muskets and powder. What's next your cannon?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top