JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't expect this will pass/become a law, at least not in it's current form, but yes, we will likely get hit, very hard this year. They are so pissed that the proposed ballot measure got shot down before it made it to the ballot that they are going to be sure to punish us for daring to oppose them. 2019 is likely to be one of the worst years for gun control we've seen in Oregon, and there is doubtful we can do much to stop it.

Our best hope is that they cross lines that can be taken up in court. Of course, it will have to become law before we can even get to a legal challenge, so it may be a while before any real action can happen to help our side.

Rumor is stirring more and more that RBG is on her way out. If so, Trump gets one more SCOTUS pick, and is sitting with a better Senate count than the last 2 years. We can only hope another more conservative/pro-gun SCOTUS would be his pick in the possible case of the departure of RBG and maybe we can get SCOTUS to weigh in on some of this crap, like mag and ammo restrictions, once and for all. It's really our only chance at this point to have any hope of stopping them.

The dems in Oregon have a super majority and nothing to stand in there way...
Pretty disheartening that the tyrants are in full control and moving full steam ahead.
This likely will pass.

They already don't, in some locations due to the shutdown, apparently the feds are responsible for actually processing EBT transactions, so when the system goes down, there's no one to fix it. Was on the news the other night that some stores are having that very problem.
This will become more evident when folks hit the markets en masse and their cards don't work. I'm doing my weekly shopping tonight, trying to avoid the sideshow...

This could be the straw that breaks the democrats back, their constituents going hungry because of no wall funding...

:s0093:

Rob Wagner and Andrea Salinas from Lake Oswego are sponsoring this. How nice of those a*holes who live in a small exclusive community to decide what's good for the rest of us.

Maybe it's time to organize a protest in Lake Oswego. Go eat, hang out and spend time down there. Bring your boat and skis. See how their constituents enjoy all the additional traffic.

Soon they will be limiting you to 4 gallons of gas per month, and requiring that you keep your vehicles stored in locked garages.... I mean, how many more accidents and deaths will we allow cars to cause? They are already causing hundreds of deaths each year.

The assault truckers vehicles are the worst, although they are licensed and regulated.

What they are forgetting is that driving is not a right. It is a privilege.

Self defense and the 2nd Amendment are not privileges granted by "the state", they are rights from God, to oppose the very tyrannical government that aims to strip you of your ability to do either.

See "the plan" for them is to start at 20 rounds a month and 5 round magazines, then "compromise" with 100 and 10. That way they can accuse us of not being willing to compromise.

Oh, and also a Background check required before transfer of ammunition and a purchase waiting period delay up to 14 days.

Mostly likely, or an appeal to the Fudds...20 rds at the range through a hunting rifle that's already sighted in is probably considered by many of them as an 'adequate' amount for most Remmy 700's or Win. 70's.

BCG on ammo & 14 day wait??? :eek: Yeah, that wouldn't be inconvenient at all. :rolleyes: And what would that fee tacked on be? But again, this is part of the plan...make it so hard to lawfully use them, folks just give up.

As for reloaders, you can bet it would soon be extended to primers, cases, powder, etc.

The compromise is always how much are we willing to give up this time around. It's never anything like, 'Hey, if you remove bayonet lugs, we'll make it a lot easier for suppressors.' There is no 'give & take,' it's just take, take, and take. That's why, in our current model/methods, where they lose nothing by their failures, we can't win, we can only slow them down, because they're not going to stop. When 99 failures cost them nothing, they can go the 100th+ time to chip away further.:oops:

That and 'tail wagging the dog' mentality...seeing it a lot with 1639 (as predicted)...'the will of the people has spoken!!'

It's easier to keep them out, than get them out.

BOSS

Just when I thought the idiocy of Washingtonian ursurped Oregonian voters...
Does anyone even Constitution any more?

Last Edited:
Didn't read through all posts. I had to see what these two, sponsors, looked like. We have a Kate Brown clone here! Separated at birth?

Senator Rob Wagner Home Page

Representative Andrea Salinas Home Page

Any body well spoken enough to call(we know mailing means absolutely nothing) and ask them/ point out, some of the questions posed here? Fer instance...Ammo comes in 50 rnd boxes, lever rifles holding 7-8 in tubes? Suggest they quit using children, who's minds are in no way developed enough, to guide law makers? Actually get out and dig in to the firearm community so the don't sound totally ignorant of EVERYTHING to do with firearms when they propose legislation?

Yammering about it here doesn't do anything. Pretty sure none of the people ever look at sites like this.

Wow, if enacted I'm not sure I feel comfortable interfacing with so many potential felons.

This is one of the few times I guess I feel fortunate to live in California...but this is only Thursday. Maybe California can catch up tomorrow :(

Seriously, fight hard and good luck!
I think you should catch up on current events in the Golden State. Some of those things are law or will be in a few months down there.

It's gotten ugly on the left coast. Our elected puppets strings are being pulled by east coast billionaires. That said Oregon is in a better position than Washington state. We are slightly ahead of the 8 ball instead of under it.

I think you should catch up on current events in the Golden State. Some of those things are law or will be in a few months down there.

It's gotten ugly on the left coast. Our elected puppets strings are being pulled by east coast billionaires. That said Oregon is in a better position than Washington state. We are slightly ahead of the 8 ball instead of under it.
But we'll be under it as well in the 2019
Legislative session...

man, Im pissed off and I wont even take one step in Oregon ever again. I think it is time for occupy salem.
This I agree with, it's time to cause disruptions not unlike those of antifa...

Time our taskmasters, er, legislators felt the pressure from gun owners in this state, whether you carry for self defense or hunt but once a year, we need to band together with a single message of "no more regulations"... Period...

Edited to correct the incorrect autocorrections ugh!!!!

Last Edited:
They're trying to kill the sport, completely. If they limit the ammo, new shooters will not practice, will not become proficient, and will not find a community like we have. And all of us who shoot often, will eventually run out of ammo, and our skills will deteriorate as well.

Gun owners will vote for the people who want to put the law in. Then after it passes will blame the NRA.
<shrug>
Let's see...time to fess up. How many of you "gun loving" Democrats voted last election to send your people to Salem? Things won't change until you wise up. Wondering who is going to help you now? Better think about building up the opposite party in this state, if you want help, or this will be your future.

I think it is much more than 100/firearm. Feds have been buying rounds by the million for years.

Sure it is most likely more. I qualified it as rounds for qualifying which was referenced in a separate post about the IRSs 4,500 firearms and 5,000,000 rounds.

The issue is not the exact number of government rounds but the disparity between government and private.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top