JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please educate me on this. Sen Burdick, Manning Jr, Hass are the chief sponsors. Burdick & Hass don't show up for the vote? I got lost on this one also because they were able to hold a session without public comment. Not that it was going to change the end result with the Dem majority but is this the way forward?

Dembrow - Aye
Gelser - Aye
Linthicum - Nay
Manning Jr - Aye
Olsen - Nay
Prozanski - Aye
Thatcher - Nay

Also on Wednesday, the Senate Judiciary Committee shipped SB 1538 to the Senate Rules Committee — on a party-line vote, without ever holding a public hearing on the measure. The bill probably is dead, although nothing is certain until the Legislature adjourns.

^^^ That's promising. I hope SB 1538 is indeed dead.
As a matter of convenience and not defending the Rights of the individual. But I can't look at a gift horse's mouth or however the saying goes. It's still disappointing the see (per the video) how little facts matter and how much opinion does. Laws should be able to withstand more scrutiny than, well I just feel...

Prohibition introduced to prohibit law abiding CHL holders from carrying guns in public buildings. This particular bill is especially egregious because it specifically targets only law abiding citizens and is a direct infringement on the constitutional right as well as undermines Oregon preemption law.
If you, as a law abiding concealed handgun license holder, go into any building controlled by any school or government entity that has declare themselves off limits, you will face 5 years in prison. That's five years for doing something you may have done lawfully, peacefully, while threatening no one, your entire adult life.These are the buildings YOU pay for.

This affects all Oregonians with CHLs not just parents with kids in schools but anyone attending college to further their career or personal growth.

Already a thread on this:

dang it, I didnt check the correct sub-forum. Thanks for sharing the link and glad there is discussion on it.

Admin can close this thread if they want.

All these proposed restrictions never come with a guarantee to keep you safe. I wonder what number restraining order your local police has issued by mid February. Not that that they make you safe, just a gauge to see how many people probably need a gun.

Geez. Was this a Teen or a Man? Journalism must be hard.

I wish folks would follow cases like this to see what kind of sentences these mugs get. How long before he makes bail and is right back out on the street with his buddies? And he's 19 yo, lets hear what other interactions this guy has had with police since he turned 18.

He touched on it briefly, but one of the most satisfying arguments to confound anti-private-gun-ownership zealots goes thusly:
"Only police and military should have guns"

"So you trust the government... ?"

"No!"
(generic anti-Trump tirade goes *here*
Also fun to get em spun-up about "the establishment",and "The Man", rhetorical judo... using their own momentum against them)

Do you know who is the Commander-in-Chief of the military?
Do you know who is in charge of federal law enforcement?
The DOJ.
What branch, of the three, does the DOJ fall under?
The Executive branch.
And WHO'S the chief executive?

No extra charge for the civics lesson.

Dummies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class