JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These people are mentally ill they are making the PNW unlivable and unaffordible and dangerous . They also are going for the cap and trade again. I hope the opposite party does what ever it takes to file this stupidity in the proper place.

Five years' imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both for carrying a firearm in a place where, as long as you can remember, you may have done so.

This legislation is clearly designed to be a criminal law trap for CHL holders. As hard as CHL holders may try to obey the law, they can never be sure from one moment to the next that they haven't inadvertently wandered into a "gun-free zone".

Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district, school district, college or university to adopt ordinance or policy limiting or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees. Modifies definition of "public building" for purposes of crime of unlawful possession of weapon in public building. Punishes violation by maximum of five years' imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both.

They going to search and seize, have scanners/security check or just wait til they see a printing or exposed to prosecute?

Five years' imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both for carrying a firearm in a place where, as long as you can remember, you may have done so.

This legislation is clearly designed to be a criminal law trap for CHL holders. As hard as CHL holders may try to obey the law, they can never be sure from one moment to the next that they haven't inadvertently wandered into a "gun-free zone".

This scares me since its often I have to travel through some areas like this to get to work or from work not to mention in my area they could easily impose this but I wonder how they would enforce.

This scares me since its often I have to travel through some areas like this to get to work or from work not to mention in my area they could easily impose this but I wonder how they would enforce.
Each "gun-free zone" is a spider's web, eventually someone will be caught, latest when one has to defend oneself.

So much for hunts on OSU McDonald forrest hunts if it includes all university land as stated above. Or would it not include these because it would interfere with the ODFW budget on tag sales. Bring out the archery equipment.

Send those emails

Senate Dems

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sen Republicans

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

.……………………………………...……………………………………………………………………………………

House Dems

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Rep.MargaretDoherty@oregonlegislature.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

House Republicans

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

This would make it effectively impossible to legally carry protection, as a person could never know whether they might be on property where carry is illegal.
There is NO problem this bill needs to solve, as concealed carry permit holders not only do not cause problems, they often stop them. This bill if enacted, will lead to the loss of life of innocent, defenseless people.

The bill SOUNDS fair upfront, giving local people the ability to govern themselves. The problem is that, in general, we don't allow blatant discrimination based on prejudiced feelings and fears. And she is going so far as to single out CHL's only. This won't make a split of difference for people actually intent on causing harm.

I forget who to give credit to, but we should be contacting our local sheriffs to let them know of this bill. Ask them if they know the crime rates of concealed carry holders, and how that compares to the general public. Prove that Burdicks fears are irrational.

As a suggestion, I would include the above point of "where is the data where the community of concealed carry holders in Oregon are an actual threat to legalize discrimination?" in correspondences. They will probably try to pick one or two examples of actual bad characters who had a CHL, but does that represent the 250,000 concealed carry holders in the state? Does the crime of one person from a minority community represent the entire community, and the entire community bear the burden of punishment?

The idea that I can go from being an upstanding citizen, no criminal record (short of a speeding ticket when I was of college age), raising good kids, military service, various clearences working in defense and pharmaceutical fields, etc. That if I accidently walk left instead of right that I could suddenly have a criminal record, because someone associates actual criminals (who will continue to ignore the rule) with me simply because of an inanimate association, is not just insulting, but the opposite of a just society. What''s next? Separate bathrooms and entrances for gun owners?

Maybe remind them of the type of prejudice that resulted in Representative Janelle Bynum having the cops called on her.

The bill SOUNDS fair upfront, giving local people the ability to govern themselves. The problem is that, in general, we don't allow blatant discrimination based on prejudiced feelings and fears. And she is going so far as to single out CHL's only. This won't make a split of difference for people actually intent on causing harm.

I forget who to give credit to, but we should be contacting our local sheriffs to let them know of this bill. Ask them if they know the crime rates of concealed carry holders, and how that compares to the general public. Prove that Burdicks fears are irrational.

As a suggestion, I would include the above point of "where is the data where the community of concealed carry holders in Oregon are an actual threat to legalize discrimination?" in correspondences. They will probably try to pick one or two examples of actual bad characters who had a CHL, but does that represent the 250,000 concealed carry holders in the state? Does the crime of one person from a minority community represent the entire community, and the entire community bear the burden of punishment?

The idea that I can go from being an upstanding citizen, no criminal record (short of a speeding ticket when I was of college age), raising good kids, military service, various clearences working in defense and pharmaceutical fields, etc. That if I accidently walk left instead of right that I could suddenly have a criminal record, because someone associates actual criminals (who will continue to ignore the rule) with me simply because of an inanimate association, is not just insulting, but the opposite of a just society. What''s next? Separate bathrooms and entrances for gun owners?

Maybe remind them of the type of prejudice that resulted in Representative Janelle Bynum having the cops called on her.

No public bathrooms for concealed carriers. You get to poop on the street. It is legal now in Portland.

1580756182018.png

On the positive side, once you are a criminal you'll be able to exercise your right to violate the law with impunity. How many stories have we seen of repeat offenders? I was trying to find a short enough video of Otis from the Andy Griffith show letting himself out of the cell.

Gun free zones could quite possibly be the most imbecilic notion in contemporary culture. Any individual determined to take innocent lives isn't going to give a damn about policy and a plastic sign. :rolleyes:

But guys our reason for this is for the bad guys who've we already made a mountain of laws against but maybe this one will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for them!.

I love that the progressive party is now making a law that's anti progressive and don't even think about the fact that POC carry or those with different sexual orientation preferences. Or do they just want fines to help pay for their lack of budget control??

Today is the first day of the legislature sessions...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top