JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dont abide by it.
Do business as you would with those you trust.

There are many things in this bill that make it a bad law. Unjust laws need not be heeded otherwise free citizens once again become subjects.

Seriously.. in a state with this many trees, we have ample platforms to hang these tyrants.

personally this will seriously curtail the number of used guns I buy because of the added cost and hassle. On the upside deciding where to meet when buying a used gun will be much easier now. YOUR GUN SHOP OR MINE?

I won't sell a firearm PERIOD I did that to make ends meet when I was younger and have regretted almost everyone I lost so that's not going to happen again.

Its my son, daughter, son inlaw and grand daughters I feel sorry for.

On the upside deciding where to meet when buying a used gun will be much easier now. YOUR GUN SHOP OR MINE?
That is providing they plan to accommodate the private sellers & buyers. I hate to be apathetic but I can see 'issues' arising from this such as "OK Mark I can schedule an appointment for the transfer of the gun you are buying in two weeks, on Monday at 8:00 AM" (or any one of a number of other stumbling blocks)

Dont abide by it.
Do business as you would with those you trust.

There are many things in this bill that make it a bad law. Unjust laws need not be heeded otherwise free citizens once again become subjects.

Seriously.. in a state with this many trees, we have ample platforms to hang these tyrants.

So who has the huge bux it would take if/when they actually decide to nail the person(s) for ignoring this law??? If it's you ZA you just let us all know when you're indicted and we'll all come and cheer you on. We'll all be there to chant and carry signs too! We'll holler and send letters to our representatives! Oh, wait.........:(

So who has the huge bux it would take if/when they actually decide to nail the person(s) for ignoring this law??? If it's you ZA you just let us all know when you're indicted and we'll all come and cheer you on. We'll all be there to chant and carry signs too! We'll holler and send letters to our representatives! Oh, wait.........:(
By all means, Ill let you know via the free wifi in my jail cell.

Seriously, what good does following the law do us either? bubblegum this bubblegum.
Ill loan what I want to who I choose if I should choose to. Buying a firearm? Seriously, why should I pay an additional extortion fee for something that is my constitutional right?

The only thing this does for me is halt my purchasing of used firearms from strangers.
Unless its a screaming deal Ill just buy one new. This law is unenforceable unless folks tattle or you do sales with "new" people who work hand in hand with these tyrants.

It sounds like "big talk" but Im serious. Im not following this should I choose to buy/sell a firearm or loan/store one with a non relative whom I trust and am close to Big brother cannot be in every facet of my life 24/7, they should mind their own goddamn business.

You will all now be free to behave as the criminals they paint you to be and trade freely amongst yourselves without regard to there law.
Yea I have to admit it is somewhat 'disturbing' to hear so many boasting they will 'not comply' and it is 'unenforceable' - well heck, bank robbery is unenforceable - until you are identified, caught and convicted. And I'll bet a bottle of your choice there will be 'sting' operations in an attempt to root out those who say it is 'unenforceable' - While that may seem far-fetched as there are no trust issues between strangers I am sure there are many methods LEO have to trip up even the most wary amongst 'us'.

Well fortunately for me I have dam few guns left since I sold most of them to an old friend that died recently. Have no idea where they went but I knew him for many years so they were in good hands. As of the date the law passes I sure I have only one ore two left. I could see this coming months ago and it's too bad he died so suddenly he never had time to tell anyone where they went. Big member of the club too, gonna miss him.

Don't know about all of the state but my local law enforcement says when you call them that they have not finished researching the I594 and don't understand it at all and have no time or interest in dealing with it. Two out three of the last small local shows paid no attention after contacting local authorities and got no advice. Only enforcement could be if a pistol had passed through a ffl after the first week of December '14 as it would be registered to the buyer and if traced for whatever reason should show that buyers name. Prior to that date a pistol could have legally change hands without a ffl transfer and no change in ownership registration. No way to prove anything without paperwork. This is in WA State.

This means I can't buy a gun in oregon period! Because I've been told repeatedly that Oregon (Capitalized because it was pre 941 Oregon) does NOT save the background check information with the serial numbers. I know the GS does, but one GS I talked to said he is really afraid there will be a fire where his records are kept when he dies or retires, but as I understand this new law the serial #s will be stored, which is CLEARLY against the INTENT of the second amendment.

Am I wrong in any of my assumptions? Will I have to move away from oregon, the liberals paradise where criminals don't kill with guns?

Any - remember that little tidbit about ignorance not being an excuse?
Wait till some poor unaware, (serves him right for not paying attention and voting!) slob sells a gun over his fence with a handshake to his neighbor and later gets caught and jailed for it!

How?

Perhaps the neighbor chose that very gun over the other five in the safe to kill himself.
He was distraught over how Oregon is becoming just like his Native California,....... a damned Nanny State!

The wife who never liked the Slob because she caught him spraying her cat with a hose decides to rat him out for illegally selling a gun to her husband:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe the wife stays quiet but an investigation shows the gun was bought new at Cabelas two years ago by Slob's Brother-in law and he told the Police that he sold it to.............

What's going to happen I feel is many guns that people now sell to trusted Friends or give to trusted extended Family or sell with exchanged IDs, will be sold much differently.

A lot of people to avoid wasting time, money and future trouble, if the gun is older and untraceable back to them, will sell to a guy who knows a guy, who will buy without asking questions and sell without giving answers.
Yeah,the black market gun trade is about to explode in Oregon. Way to go Prozanski and your minions, AKA our Elected Reps!

Don't know about all of the state but my local law enforcement says when you call them that they have not finished researching the I594 and don't understand it at all and have no time or interest in dealing with it. Two out three of the last small local shows paid no attention after contacting local authorities and got no advice. Only enforcement could be if a pistol had passed through a ffl after the first week of December '14 as it would be registered to the buyer and if traced for whatever reason should show that buyers name. Prior to that date a pistol could have legally change hands without a ffl transfer and no change in ownership registration. No way to prove anything without paperwork. This is in WA State.

A better understanding of lawmakers is when our vets filed for PTSD, they thought they were fileing for benefits but we're giving up their gun rights. This is just a first step to see how we react. Lots more headed our way and yours.

This means I can't buy a gun in oregon period! Because I've been told repeatedly that Oregon (Capitalized because it was pre 941 Oregon) does NOT save the background check information with the serial numbers. I know the GS does, but one GS I talked to said he is really afraid there will be a fire where his records are kept when he dies or retires, but as I understand this new law the serial #s will be stored, which is CLEARLY against the INTENT of the second amendment.

Am I wrong in any of my assumptions? Will I have to move away from oregon, the liberals paradise where criminals don't kill with guns?

Oregon by law doesn't save it, they pass it on to the other agencies to defeat the purpose of the law. There hasn't been a gun bought under instant check that some agencies don't have record of.

Last Edited:
Wait till some poor unaware, (serves him right for not paying attention and voting!) slob sells a gun over his fence with a handshake to his neighbor and later gets caught and jailed for it!

How?

Perhaps the neighbor chose that very gun over the other five in the safe to kill himself.
He was distraught over how Oregon is becoming just like his Native California,....... a damned Nanny State!

The wife who never liked the Slob because she caught him spraying her cat with a hose decides to rat him out for illegally selling a gun to her husband:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe the wife stays quiet but an investigation shows the gun was bought new at Cabelas two years ago by Slob's Brother-in law and he told the Police that he sold it to.............

What's going to happen I feel is many guns that people now sell to trusted Friends or give to trusted extended Family or sell with exchanged IDs, will be sold much differently.

A lot of people to avoid wasting time, money and future trouble, if the gun is older and untraceable back to them, will sell to a guy who knows a guy, who will buy without asking questions and sell without giving answers.
Yeah,the black market gun trade is about to explode in Oregon. Way to go Prozanski and your minions, AKA our Elected Reps!

Not sure where he got the gun registered in my name cause I sold all my guns to a good friend before the law passed and that good friend died. May he rest in peace.

It hasn't passed until the governess signs it. In the meantime I just ordered a 9x18 Polish Radom to be delivered directly to my house from an out of state dealer (FFL03 on file). Thanks to Salem, I now have yet another evil gun. No background check... no backdoor registration. From their bound book to mine.

SUCK IT SALEM!

Not sure where he got the gun registered in my name cause I sold all my guns to a good friend before the law passed and that good friend died. May he rest in peace.
Only unaware Slobs will get snared by this as I said, not a fine fellow like yourself!

Springfield BTW is full of unemployed pot smoking sad sacks that are blissfully unaware tonight of what went on in Salem today. I'd say they probably vote the party that promises the most handouts though.

One Rep mentioned how Pot Smokers will have to commit a felony by lying on Form 4473 if they want to buy a gun now.

As there seems to be more medical marijuana shops than strip joints in Springfield at the moment, I'd say we are about to have a whole bunch of new felons in our midst!

SB 941 passed. It is terrible, I am pissed and saddened. I will also fully support any efferts, petitions, recalls, etc...

*BUT* what does this mean for everyday life?

-Sounds like I can no longer give a firearm as a gift to my wife? We live in the same house and share assets... It it were not a firearm, we would both own it. How will this work now???

-Seller and Buyer will have to go to a gun shop for a used firearm purchase. Let's say Buyer gets delayed. Who keeps the firearm? The Seller or the Gun Shop? Does this go into the gun shops bound book?

Please help us understand.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

WA is a community property state so everything I own she automatically owns. Is OR the same?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top